NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Well done @billingtons ghost @Henry Killinger . Good luck in the final.

We will have a new board champ in a week

tenor.gif

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Thanks to all that has played this season. Well done to @billingtons ghost for winning. New champ and bragging rights for a year.

Draft order for next season is as follows:

1. Tmg
2. Laine’s Legends
3. Feed Me A Stray Cat
4. Pucks And Rec
5. Nico Nico Precure*
6. OmNomNom*
7. Number 1 Team
8. Wingman77
9. Just Win
10. Peter Sidorkiewicz
11. Concussion Junction
12. Billingtons ghost

We unfortunately had a couple of people who quit playing before Christmas so there will be at least 2 open slots for new people on this board that want to play. Please state your interest in this thread.

And those who did play this season, if you are thinking of stepping away next season, please let me know and I’ll organise a replacement GM.

As always, any changes to rules or rosters slots or stats for next season, feel free to make suggestions in this thread. If universally agreed we can make changes and implement for next season.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Thank you Dorker - just want to say:
50 waiver wire moves is exactly right. With my 50th move, I picked up Juuse Saros with the outside hope that he might get 35 saves to flip that category. He got 43. In my best Ricky Ricardo voice - I love Juuse.

I'm going to see if I can find him on Twitter just to tell him that he won a fantasy hockey league championship for someone. I bet he won't get to say that very often in his life.

Also - can we make trades now before the start of next year's draft and the lockdown of keepers? I'm looking to unload a centerman.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
I would definitely like to play next season if there's a spot. I've been a lurker on these boards for a while now and would be very active in the league. I've been playing fantasy hockey for about 15 years.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
League has been renewed.

2 open spots available. Let me know if you are interested in playing.

Draft has been tentatively set for Saturday night, 29th September. Let me know if date and time is not suitable and i will try and accomodate.

Keeper deadline set a week before the draft.

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Also let me know if you want to change any of the settings.

Yahoo has swapped penalty minutes for hits as a default setting. We already have hits as a category so maybe we can swap penalty minutes for game winning goals.

Also how many utility spots should we include: 1 or 2

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
man 5 keepers is a lot no? i play a ton of fantasy football and baseball is 5 keepers usual?

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
League has been renewed.

2 open spots available. Let me know if you are interested in playing.

Draft has been tentatively set for Saturday night, 29th September. Let me know if date and time is not suitable and i will try and accomodate.

Keeper deadline set a week before the draft.

I remain interested in getting in the league. Would love to play. I’d be active.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
man 5 keepers is a lot no? i play a ton of fantasy football and baseball is 5 keepers usual?

Some leagues have more, some have less. I've been in a league that at one point had 16 keepers per team (including dedicated prospect slots). It really depends on how much you want the league to be based on long term development with slow turnover and gradual power shifts, versus a league with high turnover and fast year over year power-balance shifts.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
League is now full for the upcoming season.

If you are still interested in playing, let me know and I'll put you on the shortlist. We usually have 1 or 2 teams drop out come the end of the season.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Request: could we convert one bench spot into a utility spot? This would allow for more lineup flexibility and eliminate some of the frustration with having, say, a third center on the bench because the other two centers are in the lineup even though none of your wingers are playing that night.

I get that positional flexibility is part of the strategy, but it seems like the above scenario happens far too much. A bit more lineup flexibility via a utility spot would help mitigate this a bit. I also like the idea of more of a team's players being included in the scoring each week.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
League is now full for the upcoming season.

If you are still interested in playing, let me know and I'll put you on the shortlist. We usually have 1 or 2 teams drop out come the end of the season.
did *s mean gone? since i didn't state my interest i'm out, right?

i'm totally fine if i'm not, but if i'm in, i'd be happy to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad