GDT: NJ @ CAR: IT'S NEVAH OVAH

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So Peters finally goes with Ward for a B2B and they win both. I'd love to grab a beer and ask him a few questions.

53e8329e90f57316e42c98ae3d387f702455f2ee2072fbb51a6d08047247e98a.jpg
I’ll give him some credit, even though I’m usually critical of him: he started Ward back to back and he seems to have figured out that Lindy can play some center for more than a shift per game.

Baby steps.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The good thing with Florida is they have to play 17 games in 31 days this month, and then 5 in 7 days in April. While they have some games that look a bit easier based on where the teams are in the standings, having an even more compacted schedule than everyone else because of all those games in hand could end up hurting them. That may be what ultimately leads to their slip in play. And as we've proven for years, just because a team is bad in the standings, doesn't mean they won't be tough to play. I believe Arizona has beaten Minnesota (x2), San Jose, and Anaheim in the last month. Buffalo has beaten Boston and Tampa twice recently. Montreal beat what should have been a desperate Isles team twice this week. And on an on. We have one point up on Florida. We need to beat them in regulation head to head, and then finding 3 to 4 points on them from there won't be so bad.

Of course, with Jersey looking to have that difficult schedule, passing them won't be impossible. Obviously, the most important thing is taking care of our own business heading down the stretch and the rest will work itself out. Maybe riding Cam pretty much every game from here on out, and some inspiration from Jordan will be enough to find us some of the consistency we haven't seen on a regular basis this year.
Another thing that is going to hurt Florida with that compact schedule is how they are playing Barkov. I heard on the NHL network yesterday that he played 23, 27, and 24 plus minutes a game in his last three games. If they keep playing him like that with their schedule, there is no way he doesn’t drop some in performance.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That's an interesting point. That could definitely burn someone out at a certain point.

It's also hard to believe that Florida has all 4 of its game against Boston remaining. Of course, one of them got snowed out and moved to their last game, but that's crazy to have that many against one opponent left. Hopefully Boston needs to play for their seeding down to the end.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
yeah, the Lindholm thing has always been a mystery to me. He's a good face off guy, responsible defensively, big physical center, seems to drive play, and possess the puck. He's a skill guy on top of all that (at least I feel like he is) and yet it has never clicked. Perhaps its because he hasn't ever played the same position for more than 2 periods in a row. Hope that line is left together for a while.

Its clear we are short 2 legit NHL forwards. Ryan/Rask/Stemp leaving Skiner to play with Wallmark/PDG. Have to find someone for Skinner to play with. he's being wasted.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Y'know, I figured it out. I just don't like RF. He's condescending and patronizing. He treats us like we don't know anything. "Yeah, all second-round picks are equal to Aho, right." I didn't think JR was the right GM for us because he ran the Canes like a big-market team. He was just a bad fit. But he was a decent guy, and you always knew where he stood on stuff. RF is just a jerk. He acts like he's the only one who knows anything. That interview was flat-out insulting to the paying customers.

:laugh: When did you develop a such a sense of self deprecating humor like this? Well done.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Another thing that is going to hurt Florida with that compact schedule is how they are playing Barkov. I heard on the NHL network yesterday that he played 23, 27, and 24 plus minutes a game in his last three games. If they keep playing him like that with their schedule, there is no way he doesn’t drop some in performance.

Isn't Barkov usually a little injury prone?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I’ll give him some credit, even though I’m usually critical of him: he started Ward back to back and he seems to have figured out that Lindy can play some center for more than a shift per game.

Baby steps.

Maybe he saw my "Why not both" post.
#MemeMagick

Time to saddle up Ward and ride him into the sunset. Actually that time was 1 January, but whatevs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad