Speculation: NJ Appeal?

apice3*

I'm more surprised nothing happened on that front than I am about nothing happening with this punishment.

I don't think the Blues were penalized for tampering with Stevens for several years down the road.

apice3*

Wait, what if Lou does what A-rod does.

By appealing it very late . What if the court ruling doesnt come before the draft ? Soo he kind of pro-longs the time.

If he appeals in June, there is no way the ruling is made by the draft. But he would only do it if we had a high draft pick to give up. So he wouldnt directly ask for a delay in forfeiture , but because the appeal took so long, we would use the pick .

Exactly like A-rod suspension came down. We know he will most likely lose it, but he got to play the rest of the year out

If the NHL entertained an appeal that late, they best they could do is give us the 1st back and carry on with the appeal. Once the ruling is decided, any penalty would be issued in the next draft.

I doubt that happens though.

apice3*

yet another team throwing Jagr over the board while he is best in the team, because he will not be able to play any more right, same song was played 3 years ago ...

It's been 12 games. No one questioned Jagr's talent even at age 41. Everyone questioned his ability to withstand 82 games. Come back after the Olympics and we'll see if his pace holds up. I hope it does.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
To everyone complaining about using the 29th pick. I remember reading that Lou had to let the league know by the last game of the season or sometime before the playoffs, that he was going to forfeit the pick. He didn't know we were going to the finals that year. Give him some slack

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
To everyone complaining about using the 29th pick. I remember reading that Lou had to let the league know by the last game of the season or sometime before the playoffs, that he was going to forfeit the pick. He didn't know we were going to the finals that year. Give him some slack

No, he had 48 hours after the Finals ended to decide.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

yea tahts not what happened. he had until AFTER the finals.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't think the Blues were penalized for tampering with Stevens for several years down the road.

Correct.

It took about 5 years, but there was a lot of research and Magnum PI work involved. The Parise tampering is so obvious it's ridiculous, so I dont understand why so much time would be necessary. Minny will obviously argue it was "accidental" and not intentional tampering, but were I the league I would argue that that's irrelevant (and laughable).

FYI, that 1st rounder the Devils got from St. Louis for tampering they traded for 2 second round picks who both turned out to be busts.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

He had 24 hours after the Cup was awarded, even though every media outlet and person in the loop had previously reported he had 48 hours.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Even if he had to give his decision before game #1 of the SCF, it doesn't change the fact that he screwed us big time and that's that.

One of the dumbest decisions I've seen in pro sports in a long, long time. Another stupid decision I can think of came from my Saints, handing over all their ****ing picks in order to land Ricky Williams at the draft.

There might be others but since both of my teams were involved in two brain dead calls, it's easier for me to take both examples into account.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
cant really say its the stupidest thing in pro sports until you see how/if lou manages to salvage this

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

or find out what pick was selected way early that Lou thought was going to slide to him but didn't and ended up being a bad gamble.

Taking a gamble when you're picking second to last is nothing short of a reach and it'll backfire real hard and rightfully so. If we were picking in the low teen's, I'd agree but that wasn't the case.

Like I've said numerous times, handing in the 29th overall pick when we went on a magical cup run wouldn't of bothered anyone and we would've accepted it 100x more then what we're about to go threw this summer.

It'll be another black stain to this organisation, who's still trying to fight the stereotype of "the trap". Now, reporters will have a field day with "the trap", "the forfeit" and let's not forget the "Mickey Mouse" comment made by the 2nd best player to play this game (I'm a fan of Lemieux over Wayne) years ago that still get's brought up once in a while.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
He is the best on the team, but we'd trade him if we were out of playoff contention. Especially since I don't think Lou will re sign him again next year, if he even decides to continue playing in the NHL anyway.

Because he's the best, he could possibly get us a good draft pick that we wouldn't have.

I'm hoping we stay in contention and keep him though.

I think if he continues to play this way and help the Devils make the playoffs, I don't see why Lou wouldn't resign him.

Sure if he scores more than 30 goals and 70 Pts, he will command more money, but the Devils can do another bonus-laden contract where if he plays a certain amount of games and scores a certain amount of goals and points then he would be given a certain amount.

2 million guarantee, and then 3 million (1 each) for 30 goals, 70 Pts and 70 games played.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
black stains aren't really that bad. its really any other color that can be worrisome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad