Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I remember renting the Dreamcast a couple months before it officially launched. Blockbuster had some deal with Sega where they were renting out the system prior to launch.

I spent the summer of 99 doing any work I could to save money for the Dreamcast; and I did it. On launch day my mom picked me up from school at lunchtime (stuff launched on Tuesday's back then...bull****!) and we went to EB Games to pick up the system, and extra controller, a VMU, Sonic Adventure and NFL 2K.

:hyper:
One of my favorite systems ever. Stuff still launches on Tuesdays now too but Nintendo seems to be a big fan of doing things on Friday. Other games are staring to do this more often too.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
There is a Mario vs. Rabbids Gold Edition bundle in the eshop. (apparently one of the bundles you CAN'T purchase, so it looks like it's a "thing" to generate online purchasing).

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Finally had time to "beat" Mario this morning... well, I'll be playing this game for a while. Awesome stuff Nintendo.

Also picked up Golf Story based on a few recommendations from friends, really enjoying that as well.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Not sure if this ever got posted but if it did my apologies.
Official trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
really curious if nintendo is going capitalize on fire emblem's popularity right now and make Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn available for the switch somehow.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I'd sure hope so, they were easily my favorite games in the series and it's near criminal that so many fans missed out on them due to their rarity.

i just find it so odd that Zelda for example has gotten so many remasters and editions and the Fire Emblem franchise right now is so popular (like I have Awakening, and when i can afford to I am going to get the Birthright series). but it's a hassle to get these games. (I don't know if i should get like the other ones on 3DS, though i will get the one for switch).

but the cheapest i can find these games are 180 and 100 dollars which is nuts for games.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Granted I dont have any sales numbers but I don't know if Fire Emblem is as popular as you guys think.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
nah it's definitely a thing, it's not my thing, but they wouldn't do it if people didn't buy it

I know my brother is one fully invested in everything Fire Emblem.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Golf Story is up there with South Park. Both tremendous comedy RPGs. The dialogue in this game is hilarious.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Nintendo's supposed to be the affordable option and yet they've added $100 dollars to the retail price of the switch by pushing the Splatoon and Mario bundle. Not a fan.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Nintendo's supposed to be the affordable option and yet they've added $100 dollars to the retail price of the switch by pushing the Splatoon and Mario bundle. Not a fan.

i don't think it's added.
i got mine a few weeks ago, and it was priced out to me at walmart.

the extra cost in the bundle is the carry case. (which some people would argue you don't need).
i don't think you're going to get a cheap bundle deal for a while. (I never wanted one, i just wanted a Zelda themed switch which i didn't get but ah well).

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Can I purchase old Wii and 3DS games in the eshop and play them on the Switch?

Edit: if not, can I go into Xeno Chronicles 2 completely cold?

I'm a massive fan of the original Xenogears, but never played the other Xenoblade games.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Can I purchase old Wii and 3DS games in the eshop and play them on the Switch?

Edit: if not, can I go into Xeno Chronicles 2 completely cold?

I'm a massive fan of the original Xenogears, but never played the other Xenoblade games.

i want to say no.
not yet anyway

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So I ended up buying the Switch with Super Mario Odyssey a week and a half ago or so. Love Odyssey, though I wish it was a little more challenging. The sense of accomplishment for power moons just isn't as high when you can get about 10 of them in five minutes sometimes. Still very fun. I believe I'm at around 320 so far.

The only other game I bought was Golf Story, and I'm also loving that so far. Indeed a very funny game, and it's got the right mix of golf/other random challenges that make it a lot of fun.

Eventually I'll grab Zelda and Mario Kart (gotta research BF), but happy with the purchase so far.

Reactions: Pilky01

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
i don't think it's added.
i got mine a few weeks ago, and it was priced out to me at walmart.

the extra cost in the bundle is the carry case. (which some people would argue you don't need).
i don't think you're going to get a cheap bundle deal for a while. (I never wanted one, i just wanted a Zelda themed switch which i didn't get but ah well).
yeah but where I live walmart literally only sells the bundles they dont sell switches without a packin.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
What about Xenoblade? Do I need to play the past games or not?

Played Xenogears and the original Xenosaga series.
Most likely no. None of the characters are back and its a completely different world. Wont spoil 1 but I think the reason this is labeled a sequel and not X is because this follows the premise of humans living on the backs of giants while X (which I did not play so that may have been a twist in there) did not. X followed the premise in other ways but not in the same way 2 seems to.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Just went through the local Toys R Us, they had basically every Switch available. Bundle and non bundle. They actually had more non-bundles than Splatoon or Mario bundles.

If I didn't already have one I would definitely get a bundle though. It would be a tough choice. I love the bright colours and the green with Splatoon, but the red Mario ones are gorgeous and also symmetrical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->