Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Some of my buddies that got it through Amazon are getting "November 1st-3rd" shipping messages.

that's what i have.
apparently it wasn't slated for "release day delivery"
which is dumb, when you are a prime member.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Sucks for some you folks, I'm already several hours into SMO, and also snagged the 3 pack of Amiibos when picking up my pre-order at BB yesterday morning. Also got some of the accessories I order from Amazon, and those are really nice as well. The dock sock I bought adds a bit of design to the the dock too.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Having a blast with Odyssey so far. Taking my time through it and trying to get all of the power moons before I advance on to the next place.

Also, saw this and it looks interesting.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Game is awesome, ended up being delivered to my place around 3 PM with Prime release day delivery. Don't know why that's not happening for some of you.

My only gripe is that they made some of cappy's abilities motion-control only when it would be so easy to just map them to button presses or combos. Especially frustrating since the spinning cap move is something I would actually use a lot if it wasn't dependent on the motion controls.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I feel extra bad about so many people having issues with Amazon...meanwhile I got a copy in the mail in the by 10am on the 27th despite already playing it digitally...never pre-order and forget, folks.

It feels weird thinking about how long I've been playing games, and the fact that Mario is what got me into games in the first place...this is the first Mario game I've ever owned on release day. Definitely the first 3D platformer I've enjoyed even the slightest bit since Space Station: Silicon Valley :laugh: (suffice to say I never played the Galaxy games thanks to skipping the Wii entirely).

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I feel extra bad about so many people having issues with Amazon...meanwhile I got a copy in the mail in the by 10am on the 27th despite already playing it digitally...never pre-order and forget, folks.

It feels weird thinking about how long I've been playing games, and the fact that Mario is what got me into games in the first place...this is the first Mario game I've ever owned on release day. Definitely the first 3D platformer I've enjoyed even the slightest bit since Space Station: Silicon Valley :laugh: (suffice to say I never played the Galaxy games thanks to skipping the Wii entirely).

That doesn't make any sense, once you order something, there's nothing much the customer can do. I've had an order from Play-Asia go tits up because of their ordering system, and an order from Anime Island refunded because the store closed (which was why I went to Play Asia)...in the end, I got the better option, although bigger and more expensive through Amazon.

For those that are curious, I bought the 1/6 scale version of the Wonder Woman ArtFX statute, it looks just like Gal Gadot...it's amazing. I was just going to get the 1/10 version, but neither AI or PA wanted my money.

I only pre-ordered, as it was cheaper to do so, shipped vs pick up made no real difference, except that BB made it cheaper to do so. Plus, I got a physical Cappy coin, and BB is almost always cheaper than digital for me, because of the gamer's club (Prime isn't as good, as it only works with pre-orders). The last game I pre-ordered was Fallout 4, as it was cheaper to do so as well, because GMG had it on sale. I generally feel that pre-ordering is bad, but if it's a game you want, and/or there's a special edition, with cool physical add-ons, that's fine too.

As far as SMO, I get frustrated with the controls at times, especially when I try to do a long jump and end up doing a ground pound instead (right into a purple lake). The game is much easier than Cuphead though, I like that game, but suck at the 2nd island.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Never had that problem. I would consider that a one-off if that were the case. I also have never seen BB say they have deliver on release day. Only that they ship on release day. I have been charged before when a product ships so if they charged you before that, that's strange.

Regardless, returns now-a-days even online are pretty painless... just takes some time to process it all / ship back.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I have a brutal flu/cold and having a real hard time getting into Odyssey.

Poor timing....

Trying to enjoy a videogame while you are sick is awful. Totally ruins the experience.

Also, finally bit the bullet and bought a pro controller. The platforming near the end of Odyssey pushed me over the edge.

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I was finally able to land me a job on campus, so at the end of November when I get paid I may have to buy one or two indie games that have caught my eye.

Or should I just purchase Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Hmmmmm

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I got an unexpected windfall - and i can actually get a switch
now the question is truly - do i need to get the pro controller - and do i need to get a switch with funky coloured joy cons. i still lean towards getting the splatoon green and pink (because like why not) and just give splatoon 2 a chance. I might go to EB games and see if there are any used ones. and maybe that would make my decision a lot less complicated.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
What?! Get the Mario one!

Also i've had the Switch since launch and only just bought a pro controller this past weekend.

It is great, but also consider the fact that the Switch is portable, so you will be playing on the go a lot. I probably play mine 50/50 docked/tv so i'm only using the pro controller half the time I play the system anyway.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
What?! Get the Mario one!

Also i've had the Switch since launch and only just bought a pro controller this past weekend.

It is great, but also consider the fact that the Switch is portable, so you will be playing on the go a lot. I probably play mine 50/50 docked/tv so i'm only using the pro controller half the time I play the system anyway.

hahaa i was really thinking about it (it makes all the sense in the world), but i pre-ordered the physical copy. and I'm thinking you can't sell a digital code LOL i am a prime member so i could easily get it though. I did forget the whole portability of the switch - truth be honest, so i might treat it like i treat my WiiU - I ALWAYS used that controller. and i never had a glitch (I'm assuming that's how you can play Mario etc w/it right?). the one thing my friend keeps saying is to buy breath of the wild (not going to) Mario Kart (not going to unless i can find a used copy) - but i might get Rabbids and now i'm bummed i didn't pre-order this one eitther to get the discount. but i bet i can find this used too now.

thanks for the pro-controller tip. i never bought one for my WiiU (i did for BOTW but quickly returned it). but i am just wondering how one would use the switch controller without serious claw issues.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I mean, im a regular sized man, 5'11, with regular (if not a little bigger) hands and I played with the joy cons on their own just fine. I actually really enjoyed playing Zelda with the split joycons. A very relaxing way to play that game.

Mario Odyssey only pushed me to get a pro controller because of the intense platforming in the later levels. Also I have FIFA so wanted a proper controller to play that on.

If Rabbids is one of your most wanted games on Switch then dont even think about the pro controller. Its utterly pointless with a game like that. Its for tight platforming and Mario Kart racing.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I mean, im a regular sized man, 5'11, with regular (if not a little bigger) hands and I played with the joy cons on their own just fine. I actually really enjoyed playing Zelda with the split joycons. A very relaxing way to play that game.

Mario Odyssey only pushed me to get a pro controller because of the intense platforming in the later levels. Also I have FIFA so wanted a proper controller to play that on.

If Rabbids is one of your most wanted games on Switch then dont even think about the pro controller. Its utterly pointless with a game like that. Its for tight platforming and Mario Kart racing.

not sure if i am going to get rabbids, but it did seem like fun. I have so far. FE Warriors, Odyessy, and I'm probably going to get I am Setsuna. (and the new Yoshi next year)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pro controller is only "necessary" if you have larger than average hands methinks.

No issues for you "normies" with the joycon grip.

I probably should try with split joycons but I am afraid I will regret getting the Pro Controller ;)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Pro controller is only "necessary" if you have larger than average hands methinks.

No issues for you "normies" with the joycon grip.

I probably should try with split joycons but I am afraid I will regret getting the Pro Controller ;)

I'm a tall guy at 6"2.5 with large hands and I find the separated joycons just fine.

It's terrible attached in the default controller thing, but I've found it comfortable for every game detached.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm still using the Switch as a traditional console with a pro-controller about 99%, and using it as a big handheld only sporadically. Just prefer it that way. When I'm mobile or the missus is watching something on TV and I have a hankering to play a game, I kind of just prefer to whip out the iPad and play FTL on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad