Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If you have big hands I strongly recommend the pro controller unless you like playing with the joycons separated.

Screen protector seems like a good idea.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
if you're big on the gamecube controllers, I guess the recent switch update added support for them. You need an adapter originally for the U, though, to plug them in.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I ordered a combo pack off Amazon that has a glass screen protector, a case, USB charging cable (just A to C), silicone joycon grips. Thought it was good price at $16, but there was a $4 off promo coupon, so I got it for about $12, should be here tomorrow.

Played BoTW in bed until about 11:30. In terms of Wii U vs Switch, the game looks the same across both systems to me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh yeah, I'm not a completionist by any means. Definitely won't go after all Korok seeds and might not even go after all shrines, but just love wandering around so much that I'll probably continue doing so for quite a while.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hm. Mario hasn't shipped. Feels like this'll probably be a Monday delivery.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Hm. Mario hasn't shipped. Feels like this'll probably be a Monday delivery.

Some of my buddies that got it through Amazon are getting "November 1st-3rd" shipping messages.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
There have been problems with Amazon shipping Nintendo games for a long time now. I don't know why anyone trusts them. Even with their Prime discount I would rather pay $20 more and be certain I will be playing the game on launch weekend as opposed to this crap people seem to keep going through.

On Nintendo Voice Chat they discussed this exact problem with the Switch and SNES Classic launches. They had pre-ordered on Amazon the second they became available but ended up waiting until the following Monday or Tuesday before they got their delivery.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Wow, what a bunch of f***ing shitheads. Seriously, they've had all the time in the f***ing world and now it's going to take days to ship? f*** OFF BEST BUY.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So I found out that the reason I may have to wait a f***ing week for the Switch bundle is because Nintendo and Best Buy decided to process all the orders late stating "high demand." Oh f*** off with that. iPhone is high demand and I'm sure it's not this stupid. So have it pre-ordered for a couple of months in advance, stating it will be there on release day only to have it show up about a week later because f***ing reasons. f*** christ...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I like them more than Amazon right now, especially because of Gamers Club Unlocked. 20% basically any games and consoles give you double points to you account. Also release day shipping for free.

Update on the thing with BB:

So I called Best Buy customer service a second time, and this time, I got better news. They put an order to the warehouse to expedite the shipment. If they get it out today then I will have the console tomorrow and if they get it out tomorrow, I should have it Saturday. Much f***ing better results :).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Some of my buddies that got it through Amazon are getting "November 1st-3rd" shipping messages.

Yea my estimated arrival popped up as 1st-3rd. It says it's preparing to ship now though so if it gets out the door it could get here tomorrow... if it doesn't ship I'll just cancel it and go pick it up somewhere, probably.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I like them more than Amazon right now, especially because of Gamers Club Unlocked. 20% basically any games and consoles give you double points to you account. Also release day shipping for free.

Update on the thing with BB:

So I called Best Buy customer service a second time, and this time, I got better news. They put an order to the warehouse to expedite the shipment. If they get it out today then I will have the console tomorrow and if they get it out tomorrow, I should have it Saturday. Much ****ing better results :).

I guess, but Amazon gives me 20% off all preorders, 5x points ( I use their card), and free release day shipping (never received a game late). I learned my lesson years ago never to trust best buy.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I guess, but Amazon gives me 20% off all preorders, 5x points ( I use their card), and free release day shipping (never received a game late). I learned my lesson years ago never to trust best buy.

Amazon is getting a bit worse for me, re: Prime, whereas Best Buy has shipped things early at times, will likely go to BB tonight/this morning to pick up my pre-order and the Wedding Amibos, because f*** it, it's been a long week and will probably blow off early tomorrow.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Amazon is getting a bit worse for me, re: Prime, whereas Best Buy has shipped things early at times, will likely go to BB tonight/this morning to pick up my pre-order and the Wedding Amibos, because **** it, it's been a long week and will probably blow off early tomorrow.
Hmm, I guess it depends where you live and how close you are to their fulfillment centers.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I pre-ordered with Amazon Prime weeks ago and it shipped this morning with USPS. No doubt I will have it by 8PM tomorrow.

However, in NYC they've been using a notoriously terrible shipping company called Lasership for one-day delivery orders which I have had multiple bad experiences with. I'm suspicious Amazon deleted their customer discussion forums partially because they turned into a place for people to vent about how awful Lasership is. I once had Amazon offer to ship me a replacement (Lasership marked my package delivered and it never showed up) for free with one-day shipping and called them to downgrade it to two-day just to avoid Lasership.

Anyway, pumped for this game.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So I got a different answer again. Apparently I got an email about 1AM last night saying that the order has been delayed and the dead latest it would show up is a month from now (not saying it will take a month, it's just the latest it would be). Now they said that they don't know about the orders and so on. It's possible it won't even be in stock at the warehouse until the 31st and then ship them out, so I wouldn't have anything until last next week... are you f***ing kidding me? I seriously f***ing hate you so much Nintendo. Jesus f***ing Christ...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I found out our local Best Buy had a ton of the SMO Bundles in stock. So I got it to where I'm waiting for Best Buy to send me an email so I can get my shipping order cancelled because I just bought it in store just now. f*** them so much for this shipping bullshit.

Reactions: Pilky01

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I found out our local Best Buy had a ton of the SMO Bundles in stock. So I got it to where I'm waiting for Best Buy to send me an email so I can get my shipping order cancelled because I just bought it in store just now. **** them so much for this shipping bull****.
Maybe I am missing something but how is it BB's fault that you decided to have yours shipped?

I never get stuff shipped unless I know for a fact I won't be around on launch day to get a game / console I want.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It does amaze me that people have come to rely on/trust online shipping to be timely.

Im the same, I don't order things to be delivered if timeliness is a high priority.

Reactions: Supermassive

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Maybe I am missing something but how is it BB's fault that you decided to have yours shipped?

I never get stuff shipped unless I know for a fact I won't be around on launch day to get a game / console I want.

What happened was that they made a shipping label for my product, which was guaranteed to be release day shipping (I do have GCU to help with this) even though they don't even have the product yet in their warehouse. They did a full charge to my card when they didn't even have the product yet themselves. And because of that, it's causing shipping delays. Now what I'm getting at is, why are the stores full of these consoles, yet they had zero in inventory in their warehouses? How the hell does that work?

Also, the reason why it's timely is that I have a friend coming over this weekend to play the Switch with me. So that would have been super shitty if I didn't have it. I didn't plan for the weekend when I pre-ordered, it was just something more recent with the idea.

But yeah, I got it directly from the store. Hell, they had a whole table of them at the front of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad