Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Im so sold on Stardew already I am trying to avoid even looking at screenshots, nevermind a trailer.

I really have very little idea what the game is. I know there is a lot of farming, thats about it.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Stardew Valley is a blend of Rune Factory, Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. It's really quite addictive when you start going in. You never have enough time per day to do what you want so you end up in this cycle of... just one more day.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Might look a little bit more into Stardew Valley before it comes out Thursday.

Just looked at some gameplay of Steamworld Dig 2 and it looked fun, but it might be something I would get later on.

Reactions: Breakdowns

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Just completed Banjo Tooie on my N64 and now I can't wait to get Odyssey. Can the end of the month come already?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Might look a little bit more into Stardew Valley before it comes out Thursday.

Just looked at some gameplay of Steamworld Dig 2 and it looked fun, but it might be something I would get later on.
It's incredible. You won't regret it.

This month(ish) is going to be great for the Switch.

NBA, FIFA, WWE, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story, and Mario Odyssey.

Not to mention, Rabbids/Mario just came out about 1 month ago too and it's a fantastic game as well. Pokken too if you're into that thing (I'm not).

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm thinking the big 3 games I really want to grab for the Switch this year are probably Mario Odyssey, Mario XCOM and BotW. Interested in Xenoblade Chronicles, but I've never played any of them. I did buy Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U but I never played it. Honestly, I own like 5 games for the Wii U and I've played... maybe 2 of the games? Maybe 1?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Xenoblade looks so bad (to my tastes). I can not for the life of me understand the appeal.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I will say, it's really, really hard to swallow spending $75 on one of the Pro controllers. My god...

I still haven't bought one. I have been using the joy-cons since I got my system in March.

I borrowed my brothers for a little while to use, and its definitely nice to have, but the complaints about using the joy-con grip are totally overblown.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I also hate the Pokemon games, so my tastes aren't always in line with whats popular or even good.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I haven't play much in the way of newer Pokemon games. I have Alpha Ruby (or whatever it is), but I haven't done much with it. I've always wanted to play Xenoblade games, but I just never got around to it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I got Pokemon X thinking "hey, its been like a decade, surely this game has evolved into something more modern and interesting"....and then I was still just walking around a boring grid like it was 1997 again.

I am hopeful the Switch version will be a real evolution....like BOTW kind of re-invention of the basic gameplay mechanics.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Finally got a Switch and BotW, and loving it to death so far. Might very well be my favorite 3D Zelda game since Okami (real opinion.... okay, fine, Wind Waker).

Had a random Blood Moon warning while I was doing a shooting challenge for a Korok, and I legitimately had a major WTF moment at that. Have done a good job avoiding BotW stuff like the plague to keep everything about this game as completely fresh to me as possible when I finally started playing, so had no clue about that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I got Pokemon X thinking "hey, its been like a decade, surely this game has evolved into something more modern and interesting"....and then I was still just walking around a boring grid like it was 1997 again.

I am hopeful the Switch version will be a real evolution....like BOTW kind of re-invention of the basic gameplay mechanics.
The biggest problem I have with Pokemon, is that while the systems have got deeper and deeper, the game seems even more childish than before. I hate playing through the story because the dialogue just makes me realize that I'm not 7-years-old and I want to kill myself reading it.

But I love having competitive battles, deciding moves, etc, etc. That's all really fun to me.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Xenoblade looks so bad (to my tastes). I can not for the life of me understand the appeal.

I like the general look of the world itself, but I was really turned off by the battle mechanics in the first one. Never worked up the ambition to play the one on the U because of that. Also, it's grindy as hell. I'm struggling to plough through finding all of the shrines and kurok seeds in BotW, and Xenoblade seems like a lesser version of that. I have never been able to really dig into the Monster Hunter games for a similar reason, just can't get into the grind of it.

Yeah, I could never get into Pokemon. I'm not expecting it to change much, though. It's tried and true and gives people what they want. Sorta like Pikmin. It is what it is. It'll get some refinements, but I don't expect anything ground breaking for either franchise.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Volgarr the Viking is the greatest game ever. I have never loved something so much yet still want to throw it across the room to die a painful death!

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think I'm about 50 seconds into Volgarr. :biglaugh:

This shit is so hard and I still love it.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Well I finally decided to bend to peer pressure and buy one, I also picked up BoTW and Stardew Valley (I'm a huge fan of Harvest Moon so I figured I have to try this out), are there any other games out right now that I should consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad