Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
what is Project Octopath Traveler for?

Nintendo Switch.

Played the demo yesterday, it's really good.

Xenoblade 2 is still the game i'm most excited for, it's even more complex gameplay wise/customization wise than XB1 and XBX so I am PUMPED.

I am a bit worried though with the release date, I wonder if it will be as polished as possible at that point.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I will say, since I'm getting that switch bundle near the end of October, it's closer to black Friday so I can get some good deals on Breath of the Wild and Mario XCOM. I'm weirdly not interested in Splatoon 2 and I honestly suck at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Got any other exclusives to recommend? I know Fire Emblem Warriors is coming out, but I'm not much for the Dynasty Warrior like games.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Got around to setting up my Switch and discovering BotW in 900p and better framerate. A joy.

I will say that the Joycon controller is far too small for someone like me. I don't forsee ever using them which is a shame but hey, I'm taller than must so can't blame them. The Pro controller feels nice but it better at that price point!! Not gonna lie, I sort of miss the Gamepad, I loved that controller and never understood the hate.

The UI is awesome-sauce: snappy and to the point. Full marks there: I liked the WiiU UI but this is definitely better.

I cannot wait for Odyssey!!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Got around to setting up my Switch and discovering BotW in 900p and better framerate. A joy.

I will say that the Joycon controller is far too small for someone like me. I don't forsee ever using them which is a shame but hey, I'm taller than must so can't blame them. The Pro controller feels nice but it better at that price point!! Not gonna lie, I sort of miss the Gamepad, I loved that controller and never understood the hate.

The UI is awesome-sauce: snappy and to the point. Full marks there: I liked the WiiU UI but this is definitely better.

I cannot wait for Odyssey!!!

this is something i am thinking too. a lot of people have had issues with the joy-con layout. so i am like i might as well be meh on the con colour i get, because i'm probably going to dish for the pro-controller anyway.

and i loved my gamepad. i don't get why it got hated either. it was awesome.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
this is something i am thinking too. a lot of people have had issues with the joy-con layout. so i am like i might as well be meh on the con colour i get, because i'm probably going to dish for the pro-controller anyway.

and i loved my gamepad. i don't get why it got hated either. it was awesome.

Me three on loving the gamepad. Love using the touch screen more menus and everything. So easy to navigate with.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'm obsessed with Mario Kart 8.

I hadn't owned a Nintendo console since the NES. I've been pretty much all Sony since the PS1. The draw of a portable with good graphics lured me to the Switch (though I mostly play docked anyways). Only games I have are Zelda and MK. Zelda's great, everyone knows that.

But Mario Kart has been a revelation. Simultaneously the most enjoyable and frustrating game I've ever played and I can't put it down. Trying to 3-star every Cup, so many heartbreaks with last minute blue shells, so many close exhilarating wins. It controls so buttery smoothly, drifting just feels so right. What a game. Can't believe I waited this long to get back into Nintendo. I've been using my Switch way more than I expected, more than my PS4 since I got it.

Looking forward to Mario and Xenoblade. Also unbelievably excited for portable FIFA.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed on MK8.

What a great, great game: pretty much the perfect casual racing game with enough depth to it for it to have a competitive side.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So the Wal-Mart near my campus has a few of the Splatoon 2 Switch bundles in stock, but I don't feel like paying the extra money for it.

Not sure when the GameStop will get any in.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Traded in my PS4 and games to get a Switch. Just wasn't inspired by PS anymore. I'm not a big gamer, just like to unwind after work. I was essentially just buying the same games over and over again (ie MLB The Show, FIFA). It gets redundant after a while. The only upcoming game I was excited for was Red Dead 2. I also don't play online a lot.

BoTW is stunning so far. Excited for Odyssey, Prime 4. Going to buy MK8 soon. Happy to be a part of the Nintendo family again, my first owned Nintendo console since N64 (though I did play a lot of Wii with Uni roomies). I just wanted to have fun again when I played and I know I can count on Nintendo for that.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I'm obsessed with Mario Kart 8.

I hadn't owned a Nintendo console since the NES. I've been pretty much all Sony since the PS1. The draw of a portable with good graphics lured me to the Switch (though I mostly play docked anyways). Only games I have are Zelda and MK. Zelda's great, everyone knows that.

But Mario Kart has been a revelation. Simultaneously the most enjoyable and frustrating game I've ever played and I can't put it down. Trying to 3-star every Cup, so many heartbreaks with last minute blue shells, so many close exhilarating wins. It controls so buttery smoothly, drifting just feels so right. What a game. Can't believe I waited this long to get back into Nintendo. I've been using my Switch way more than I expected, more than my PS4 since I got it.

Looking forward to Mario and Xenoblade. Also unbelievably excited for portable FIFA.

Isn't it just a port of the Wii U version?

I mean? I know they added a couple more bells and whistles, but it's basically the same game right?

I have the game for Wii U. It's a decent installment in the Mario Kart series.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

I mean? I know they added a couple more bells and whistles, but it's basically the same game right?

it is.
like this is why i don't really see the point for me to get this (and Zelda). i already have it on the WiiU and it's fine for me.

i have so many games pre-ordered and still no switch (I think i'm going with classic grey, and get a pro controller) i thought i wanted colour joy cons, but it hit me - am i going to use those things at all?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

It is more or less the same game, which is by far the best Mario Kart game.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
because of prime i secured my pre-order for Mario + Switch. (for 530 all together).
i'm really contemplating what i want to do. right now though (thankfully i have some time). I have games on pre-order (when the price from 99.00 dropped to normal prices) and with the prime discount i am getting them for what i'd spend on a new released switch game.

buying a switch right now is going to be really pinching the pennies. so i keep waivering between -just get the games now, and worry about a switch later (right now adjusting to a new job etc, it's not a huge rush for me anyway) or just securing a good switch now in 'combo' that i like - either the Mario bundle, or the Walmart one, and sell the Digi code for splatoon later). lot o options.

(why couldn't that have been there when i HAD money thanks Nintendo :p ;) )

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Been playing a lot of Zelda BOTW on the U lately and this is maybe the first time the story in a Zelda game has been something I've enjoyed and wanted to see through. In the past Nintendo has seemed to have these vague ideas of a story that they use as a shell for whatever game they want to fit inside of it. This feels different. Really like the past that Link had with one of the champions, for instance.

On another note, I'm hoping Switch owners support the hell out of Doom and Wolfenstein 2. I think it would make it easier for other major 3rd parties to make the jump.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
BotW certainly has the best story of any Zelda game.

It is too bad that the entirety of the plot is in the past, I would have liked an overarching present-day plot but the sandbox nature of the game makes that very difficult to pull off properly.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Anyone having difficulty going through the pipe maze on 4-5 of XCOMario? I've gotten the left and right chests but the pipe leading to the top chest won't let me through. It does the "you can't do that sound" and won't let me through. I've tried quitting the chapter and exiting the game and neither fixes it. Sucks because I'm going for completionist........

:(

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Picross S for the Switch released today. 300 puzzles for $8. Made by the same people who have made all the other good picross games on the 3DS.

This console is just incredible.

And Stardew Valley soon too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad