Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Has anyone played Tales of Vesperia? It's on sale at the moment and I have not played a Tales game since back on the GC. Thinking about picking it up.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Has anyone played Tales of Vesperia? It's on sale at the moment and I have not played a Tales game since back on the GC. Thinking about picking it up.
I like it. I’m not the biggest gamer though. Which tales is it? If it’s the complete edition or something like that, that was the one I liked and spent a ton of time playing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like it. I’m not the biggest gamer though. Which tales is it? If it’s the complete edition or something like that, that was the one I liked and spent a ton of time playing.
It's the ultimate edition of Vesperia. On the Canadian e-Shop its down from 65 dollars to 16.

Might pick it up to try at that price.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah that’s the one. It’s definitely something to pass the time. Combat isn’t fantastic but story is good. At that price, it’s hard to pass up.
Alright, I'm solid, I'll give it a shot.

Good to have things to pass the time in this pandemic.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Vesperia remaster is the PS3 version that never came out outside of Japan. One of the better games in the series though a bit dated at this point technically.

Also remember hearing that the English dub got a bit weird because they had to record lines for the new content but didn't get Troy Baker back to do it so sometimes the main character will just sound different. Also has Japanese audio though.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I've never played Super Mario World 3D, so I'm looking forward to getting it this Friday. Looks a lot of fun.

Me too. Friend of mine always talked about how much he and his wife enjoyed playing it together on their wiiu. Saw that it was being released on the switch and figured why not.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered a game off of amazon before? How long after the release date does it typically take to arrive?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Me too. Friend of mine always talked about how much he and his wife enjoyed playing it together on their wiiu. Saw that it was being released on the switch and figured why not.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered a game off of amazon before? How long after the release date does it typically take to arrive?
Usually comes the day it is released. Amazon is normally very good with that so I always pre-order my games with them.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Sort of unpopular opinion-- While I love the aesthetic and music of old school RPGs (and this iteration of the backgrounds look WAAAYY cooler than Octopath Traveller, IMO), I'm always skeptical of these retro throwbacks, because turn-based RPG systems/mechanics were never really the primary draw for me (at their best they're just kinda alright and modestly clever, but typically, they were really just a nuisance that you just put up with to progress the narrative)-- The minimalist storytelling charm was, and these modern throwbacks tend to throw back to a time BEFORE RPG storytelling got good for some reason, back when they were more concerned with collecting crystals than being ambitious with its scope and writing. Octopath Traveler and the first Bravely Default were kind of awful in that respect, in my view-- and the narrative for this one sounds concerningly similar. Undertale at least somewhat captured the Earthbound meta-quirkiness. But what I really want is a throwback retro indie RPG to reflect the depth of stuff like FFVI-IX/Tactics, Mother 3, Chrono Trigger, or Terranigma.

I'm hoping that Sea of Stars will be more interesting-- looks really cool so far.
4-APPROVED.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad