Nine year old phenom...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Steve Latin said:
I heard Ken Hitchcock called this kid a whiner and a diver, so it's a de facto fact that he'll bust.

He said he didn't notice him in the playground.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
....will be wearing the A for the Pens next year when Crosby named captain.

;)

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I'm going to ask a very practical question....

Hawrlyuk vs. Crosby vs. Ovechkin??

One of Hawryluk's FIVE kids is a nine-year-old, goal-scoring machine named Jayce, who's tearing up the Saskatchewan Major Hockey League.

Try living up to this!!

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
It sounds like this writer is this kids uncle or something.. the hockey stats sure, but those baseball stories are kind of mediocre. Hell, in baseball my son has done that and more, but he's never been written up... bast**ds :biglaugh:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I heard he lost a tooth today. Crosby just chipped his a couple weeks ago. Wow, what a warrior!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Interesting.... 300 goal minor hockey seasons, a baseball/hockey star... anyone heard this before?

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
King'sPawn said:
I heard he lost a tooth today. Crosby just chipped his a couple weeks ago. Wow, what a warrior!

Pens should seriously consider trading Crosby for the future rights to this kid. Got to look to the fuuuuuuuture, you know. Besides, there's an eight-year age differential! :eek: Crosby will be 30 (mandatory age of hockey death, according to a few HFers ;) ), when this kid is just hitting his stride.

It's a no-brainer. If the Pens really want a really, really good team in 2020, they'll pull the trigger on this deal now.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
For all you guys talking about him lying about his age: He was the cities NEW YEARS BABY!!! It would be pretty hard to lie about his age when there was already media attention at his actual birth.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
9 year-old phenom? That's it?

My 2-year-old put skates on for the first time in his life today.

We put him in our A league lineup for a game as we were a man short. His first shift he put down an end to end rush, circled in behind the net and nailed a perfect Sidney Crosby/Mike Legg lacrosse style goal.

We benched him for the rest of the game for being a puck hog.

JamieG

May 25, 2003
Visit site
Anyone know this Russian phenom?

As long we're talking about young phenom's, does anyone have any clue who the following story is about?

In 2001 (I believe it was 2001, if not that's going to throw everything off! but I think it was the beginning of the 2001/02 NHL season), I heard a radio interview on The Fan 590 with Scotty Bowman. Bowman said he had made a trip to Russia to see a 12 year old prodigy and raved about him. He said his name, but over the radio I have no idea how to spell it or who it was now.

Anyway, for Scotty Bowman to hear about a 12 year old hockey star and make a trip to Russia just to see him, there must be something to it.

If it was 2001, and he got the age right, the kid would now be 16 or 17. Any idea who it might have been?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
JamieG said:
As long we're talking about young phenom's, does anyone have any clue who the following story is about?

In 2001 (I believe it was 2001, if not that's going to throw everything off! but I think it was the beginning of the 2001/02 NHL season), I heard a radio interview on The Fan 590 with Scotty Bowman. Bowman said he had made a trip to Russia to see a 12 year old prodigy and raved about him. He said his name, but over the radio I have no idea how to spell it or who it was now.

Anyway, for Scotty Bowman to hear about a 12 year old hockey star and make a trip to Russia just to see him, there must be something to it.

If it was 2001, and he got the age right, the kid would now be 16 or 17. Any idea who it might have been?

It could have been Vasyunov, who was born in '88. I heard he broke all of Kovalchuk's minor league records. I don't know if he's even a first rounder now.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I missed the Hawrlyuk segment on HDIC this afternoon.

How does the kid actually look on the ice? I'm assuming they showed game footage/home movies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
tom_servo said:
Too bad a name like Hawryluk precludes him from ever being a star.

C'mon!! :p: What's wrong with that name?!! :dunno::p::teach:
You can take the geekiest name and make it a well known (winner's) name!!
What about Dale Hawerchuk?!!! ;). Remember him?
Wayne Gretzky...first time you heard that name I'm sure you didn't think it was the "coolest" (like ice hockey!) name!!! anyways...I'm not being that serious!! I'm just kidding around... :rant: :jump:

But seriously...
This kid might end up being better than Mario Lemieux (he's already better than Gretzky!!).
And, he might also be better than Roger Clemens one day...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Mr Bugg said:
I missed the Hawrlyuk segment on HDIC this afternoon.

How does the kid actually look on the ice? I'm assuming they showed game footage/home movies.

I saw most of it. He is a tiny kid. I mean really, he's a child. If that kid has 58 mph fastball then I am amazed because he has aged well. He looks like he's 7.

But on the ice, despite being half the size of everyone else (because he's 3 or 4 years younger than the kids he was playing against) he looked pretty good. Funny to see such a tiny guy with hands like that. Very coordinated, roofed a couple of pucks from in close and they showed him beating a girl on a faceoff like a rented mule, poke the puck past her and take off. He definitely owned that chick.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Very cool! Thanks a ton!

Have you seen any footage of Gretz as a kid? How do they compare? (okay, stupid, and shallow, but I'm genuinely curious in this kid).

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
300 goals last season, 250 the year before and he has 60+ this season in under 20 games, i think this kid is the real deal. But hey thats my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad