Recalled/Assigned: Nilsson up. Poulin Down

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Yeah and reward and that Poopoo hasn't played in a while anyway.

Let the haters suggest tanking though haha.

Hopefully to Buffalo for Halak in a deal.

not sure why we'd trade for Halak at this point...hes a FA, just sign him in the offseason...

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Staple suggested it was to get Poulin some games because he hasn't played for 3 weeks.

Staple has also said that he doesn't see Poulin back next year and suggested that the Isles will try to trade his RFA rights at the draft. Probably don't have any suitors. Could certainly be so that teams get a look at him, even at the AHL level.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Staple has also said that he doesn't see Poulin back next year and suggested that the Isles will try to trade his RFA rights at the draft. Probably don't have any suitors. Could certainly be so that teams get a look at him, even at the AHL level.

Oh ok. I didn't see that.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Oh ok. I didn't see that.

He didn't say that today, but he talked about trading Poulin in a live chat in January, and confirmed again last week that he doesn't see him back next year. The Isles could just not give him a qualifying offer, but a trade is a possibility. Not sure about a deadline deal, but who knows.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
not sure why we'd trade for Halak at this point...hes a FA, just sign him in the offseason...

In all cases, we should try to get players into the fold with out track record in free agency...assuming Garf talks turkey with Halak's agent before any kind of deal, and see about his interest in being the man here...

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=707012

Seems kind of out of the blue. Was figuring Poulin would get the start tomorrow against the Panthers.
Would be really nice to get a goalie in the offseason.

Nilsson has been performing really well for Bridgeport so it's a good reward for him to maybe get a start tomorrow. Also as others have said, Poulin has barely played in weeks so it gives him starter minutes for a while to get back in sync with things.

I personally had big hopes for Nilsson prior to his whole year of problems which clearly effected him. Hopefully he gets back on track and turns into something for us.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Maybe nabby might be moved? Trying to get Poulin some games before he has to start? Thought I read Snow said he wouldn't Nabby though

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
For me personally, Nilsson has always had the higher upside but Poulin has been a little farther on in his development.

Poulin hasn't progressed this season, and from what I've read Nilsson has been good of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad