Nilsson does Crosby two better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH1

DarkHorse said:
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pressbox/archive.asp?id=696

First, it was against pros.
Second, it was at full speed.
It was a pretty sweet goal. That is not easy to do skating on your backhand.

For 3 years people have been saying how Nilsson is not an NHL player just because Pierre McGuire thinks so for some reason. I've got news for you--Nilsson has serious playmaking ability. You can see it from the goal, but even when he was on Long Island he was making beautiful passes all accross the ice. He reminds me a little of Pavel Datsyuk in his uncanny ability to know where everybody is on the ice (though he doesn't have Datsyuk's hands.)

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
DarkHorse said:
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pressbox/archive.asp?id=696

First, it was against pros.
Second, it was at full speed.

Great.

Now if he can learn and dedicate himself to other aspects of the game, he will have a chance for a nice NHL career. NYI has enough players as is who are lost without the puck on their stick. Good news is, kid has time on his side, unlike thieve$ like Yashin.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Nice goal.. Rob Hisey did something similar in the Finnish league I think it was earlier this season.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
Rather than bending down and cradling the puck like everyone else does, it looked like he just sliced the tip of his stick under the puck. I wouldn't have thought that was possible, unless of course the puck had begun to roll slightly.

Oh, and Crosby was not the first one to do that move. I believe it was a guy named Mike Legg who played for Michigan.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Great for Nilsson,now he can have Don Cherry call him out as a hotdog.

Towelie*

I think he was fortunate that the puck must have rolled a bit, otherwise he would not have being able to get it up without cradling and going down.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Comfortably Numb said:
I think he was fortunate that the puck must have rolled a bit, otherwise he would not have being able to get it up without cradling and going down.

Exactly, it really wasn't that big of a deal. Nice goal no doubt, but c'mon, nothing to get too excited about! Guys are pulling these all over the place now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad