Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You can debate Big Z's on-ice play all you want. Like any NHL d-man, it's going to be up and down.

But what is unquestionable, is his 'leadership qualities'. He's a natural leader on the ice and in the dressing-room. And as we all know, those kind of qualities are hard to find. And once you do find them--you have to pay up.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Toronto is who you're worried about?

I'm worried about Shitcago, San Jose or Anaheim deciding to overpay for him to be that tough d-man on the back end to protect their kids.
Utah, they have no dmen signed for next year. This is one reason I champion trading Hronek to them.
This off season could be devastating for the Canucks, could be.

I have no issues with giving Zadorov term, clauses and money.

I think he hasn't scratched his full capabilities yet he has always been buried in very good and established defensive corps before.
He was the fastest skater on Calgary.
Certainly has a presence on the ice other than just the physical impacts he shows poise. Even Hughes looks rattled.

I think I have posted 6 to 7 mil for 7/8 years, without breaking a sweat.

There might be some kick back from his agent on the way Kuzmenko was treated. That is always there, if the agent sours on a team and has high value assets he could find another trade buddy he does favour. Kuz at 5 mil was a bargain and then he got railroaded off the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad