Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Nikita Scherbak will play for the Montréal Canadiens in 2015-16.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Nikita Scherbak will play for the Montréal Canadiens in 2015-16.

I believe so too. The Bruins are already getting a lot out of Pastrnak; the Habs would look like cavemen if they fail to exploit what Scherbak brings. He and McCarron may obviate guys like DD, assuming that the coach sees it that way. We could have a juggernaut offence next season with those two kids, provided that the coaching makes the most of this talent.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Is he a long term solution for a top line RW?

I like him and he looked good in pre-season but are he and McCarron guys who can really compliment a Pacioretty-Galchenyuk top line in the future? I realize these guys have different skill sets but I'm genuinely curious if they can be the missing link.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal

I like him and he looked good in pre-season but are he and McCarron guys who can really compliment a Pacioretty-Galchenyuk top line in the future? I realize these guys have different skill sets but I'm genuinely curious if they can be the missing link.

If you want, you can dream of a Galchenyuk-McCarron-Sherback line. It's a stretch, but it's not totally out of the picture long term. Hard to beat in term of size and skills.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton

Sherbak seems to have all the tools and talents to become a 1st line winger someday. While McCarron will be more of a complimentary player or 3rd liner in the Bickell mold.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If you want, you can dream of a Galchenyuk-McCarron-Sherback line. It's a stretch, but it's not totally out of the picture long term. Hard to beat in term of size and skills.

tumblr_ne1i9dPFjl1s2otkmo1_r1_1280.jpg

:sarcasm:
tumblr_ncbryzls791qe46u5o3_250.gif

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I think Scherbak & JDLR make it out of camp... I'm not sure if I see DD with us unless he's at 3LW...

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Sekac-Plekanec-Gallagher
Desharnais-Eller-JDLR
Bournival-Prust-Weise
(Parenteau?)

Best case scenario is DD & PAP are moved, Andrighetto comes up, Sekac down to 3LW & Andrighetto with 14-11.

Just too much potential to give up on with how good Galchenyuk-Scherbak looked in camp, immidiate chemistry, both have great work ethics & talent.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I think Scherbak & JDLR make it out of camp... I'm not sure if I see DD with us unless he's at 3LW...

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Sekac-Plekanec-Gallagher
Desharnais-Eller-JDLR
Bournival-Prust-Weise
(Parenteau?)

Best case scenario is DD & PAP are moved, Andrighetto comes up, Sekac down to 3LW & Andrighetto with 14-11.

Just too much potential to give up on with how good Galchenyuk-Scherbak looked in camp, immidiate chemistry, both have great work ethics & talent.

Unless DLR has a breakthrough offensively I dont see him in mtl or not on top 9 ... As for sherbak he doesnt exactly take over games in WHL this year he kinda loafs around and has flashes. I think we will probably see him play a year in AHL unless he comes into camp in beast mode

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Unless DLR has a breakthrough offensively I dont see him in mtl or not on top 9 ... As for sherbak he doesnt exactly take over games in WHL this year he kinda loafs around and has flashes. I think we will probably see him play a year in AHL unless he comes into camp in beast mode

JDLR doesn't need to be an offensive player, he's a defensive forward.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I doubt it. Too much AKitis that needs to be removed. My guess is a 1 1/2 years in the AHL.

I'm one of the biggest Scherbak fans out there, and even I agree with this. Let the kid have 9 games at the start of the season, or throughout the season if he earns it. Give him a taste of the show, and let him learn what he needs to improve on down in the AHL. With one year of seasoning I think Scherbak will be ready, and will stick with the team in 2016-2017.

DLR was drafted to be a tough 2 way third line forward who specializes in his own end and on the penalty kill. He wasn't really drafted to be an offensive top 6 forward. The Habs don't have too many players who fit this mold, especially not with his size. I believe he will be an important part of this team going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->