Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't get why we didn't see TKO one time this year, especially when the team obviously needed a spark. That might be the best ES line in the last 5 years (top 5 for sure), and we didn't see them a single time.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Kuch was really disappointing outside the Jersey series, don't know if he got moody since we traded Names or what but he wasn't the same after that

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't get why we didn't see TKO one time this year, especially when the team obviously needed a spark. That might be the best ES line in the last 5 years (top 5 for sure), and we didn't see them a single time.
Yeah it was definitely worth a shot.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Stamkos and Kucherov were glued together till the end, no TKO, not even Point-Kucherov both lines that have shown to be effective in the past. You have 82 games to tinker with your lineup and find alternate combinations as a fallback when things get stale, especially with a forward group as fluid as ours this couldn't be easier. Cooper used none of that to his advantage this series - the Lightning's depth turned into a one line team this series.

I don't get some of these decisions, Miller is clearly a player who feeds off skill, he played with Killorn and Cirelli all series. That line had no chemistry, we never took advantage of our Stamkos-Point-Johnson/Gourde center depth, remember when we were dominant rolling "pairs"? Palat-Johnson, Stamkos-Kucherov, Point-Gourde? Killorn's most effective line this season was Killorn/Gourde/Conacher which was never reunited because apparently Cooper doesn't sit underperforming vets. Cirelli looked out of his depth having a top-9 role that required him to generate offense, he would've excelled with Paquette and Callahan if he were bumped down a role. Instead the biggest change we got in game 7 was Killorn moving to the top line.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Biggest disappointment this playoff
Agreed.

I remember someone said something along the lines of "he's bailed us out so much its fine that he's not like he normally does"

While I somewhat agree he was invisible when we needed him most. It was the worst possible time to disappear. This goes for other players as well but as our best forward it was disappointing to watch him in the Washington series :(

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
I own a Kuch jersey and it pains me to say this but if Stevie Y gets a good trade offer for Kuch, then I pull the trigger. Kuch really regressed on the defensive side this year and in today's NHL there is no way I give him a max deal for simply being a one way player! If Kuch can bring back an impact scoring power forward (or at least the potential to be one) then I am inclined to make the trade. The Bolts have to get bigger and stronger otherwise they will not get past the Pens and Capitals in the conference finals. And don't look now but the Panthers with there size is going to be the next road block in our division!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I own a Kuch jersey and it pains me to say this but if Stevie Y gets a good trade offer for Kuch, then I pull the trigger. Kuch really regressed on the defensive side this year and in today's NHL there is no way I give him a max deal for simply being a one way player! If Kuch can bring back an impact scoring power forward (or at least the potential to be one) then I am inclined to make the trade. The Bolts have to get bigger and stronger otherwise they will not get past the Pens and Capitals in the conference finals. And don't look now but the Panthers with there size is going to be the next road block in our division!
issue is kucherov is by far our best forward on the team we have to keep him Brayden Point is now the second best forward on the team

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think Stamkos and Kuch need to separate. I would put Kuch and Point together. Stamkos needs MSL to come out of retirement lol.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Drugs are bad.........

Sorry to be a dick about it, but yeah. Kucherov is our Franchise forward (Not Stamkos.) Unless were getting Mcdavid or Matthews Kucherov shouldn't be going anywhere.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Drugs are bad.........

Sorry to be a dick about it, but yeah. Kucherov is our Franchise forward (Not Stamkos.) Unless were getting Mcdavid or Matthews Kucherov shouldn't be going anywhere.
agree kucherov is our franchise and stamkos is not even our 2nd best forward point is

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Stamkos and Kuch need to separate. I would put Kuch and Point together. Stamkos needs MSL to come out of retirement lol.

This. I wouldn't even put Point and Kuch together, because it puts all our creative eggs in one basket. But Kucherov and Stamkos developed a lot of bad habits by constantly looking for each other rather than going hard to the net. Stamkos seemed to break out of it in Games 1-3 vs. Washington (and even a little in Game 4), but then disappeared again.

I really believe we have enough talent to keep Point, Kucherov, and Stamkos on three separate lines. Stamkos will need some kind of playmaker/puck-handler, which I guess is an argument for keeping Miller around.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This. I wouldn't even put Point and Kuch together, because it puts all our creative eggs in one basket. But Kucherov and Stamkos developed a lot of bad habits by constantly looking for each other rather than going hard to the net. Stamkos seemed to break out of it in Games 1-3 vs. Washington (and even a little in Game 4), but then disappeared again.

I really believe we have enough talent to keep Point, Kucherov, and Stamkos on three separate lines. Stamkos will need some kind of playmaker/puck-handler, which I guess is an argument for keeping Miller around.
What about putting Point with Stamkos?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What about putting Point with Stamkos?

Wouldn't mind it. But it seems like we're not gonna put Stamkos on the wing long-term, and I wouldn't want to put Point on the wing.

But I mean:

Gourde-Point-Stamkos
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

If TKO could even be a fraction of what they used to be, that's deadly.

Or:

Palat - (Johnson) - Kucherov
Killorn - Point - Gourde
(Miller) - Stamkos - Cirelli/Joseph

*(if they're still here)

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Wouldn't mind it. But it seems like we're not gonna put Stamkos on the wing long-term, and I wouldn't want to put Point on the wing.

But I mean:

Gourde-Point-Stamkos
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

If TKO could even be a fraction of what they used to be, that's deadly.

Or:

Palat - (Johnson) - Kucherov
Killorn - Point - Gourde
(Miller) - Stamkos - Cirelli/Joseph

*(if they're still here)
This would be ideal.
This would allow for a killorn-miller-______ 3rd line which would give us a line that could throw some weight around.

I think this lineup would be the way to go with what we have now.
Gourde-Point-Stamkos
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn - Miller - Cirelli
Erne - Paquette - Callahan/Conacher

Best part is that with how often Point gets tossed out of the face-off dot it will be like Stamkos is still playing Center :sarcasm:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I really think our downfall was how slow our defense was. They looked like they were in mud. Every time the caps dumped it in it felt like our guys just accepted the fact that they weren't getting to the puck first.

mrbaguette13

May 31, 2018
Do you stink he'll stay with us or go to Toronto Vegas maybe buFFALO ? Are pinaeppels better in here or Florida city .

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
My gut feeling is that he's going to take 8.5 x 8 to match Stamkos, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 9-10 though (especially since cap will be goin up)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Can't believe people want to get rid of Kucherov. Worst move this could franchise could make aside from trading Hedman. So dumb.

Reactions: Sky04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->