Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Kuch is now 7th in goal scoring, his 33 goals are 7 behind Ovie's league leading 40 goals. He's still the league's top scorer with 86 points, but Malkin is red hot and right behind him with 84 points. The Rocket seems out of reach right now and the Art Ross race is getting a lot tighter now too. Will he get it? Or even both?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Kuch is now 7th in goal scoring, his 33 goals are 7 behind Ovie's league leading 40 goals. He's still the league's top scorer with 86 points, but Malkin is red hot and right behind him with 84 points. The Rocket seems out of reach right now and the Art Ross race is getting a lot tighter now too. Will he get it? Or even both?

If I had to pick right this second I'd say he's probably gonna drop off and Malkin wins the Art Ross and Ovechkin gets the Rocket renamed in his honor after winning it again. I don't imagine that Kucherov is going to think much of it either way because I'm gonna be honest, I want to see him amongst Stamkos, Vasy and Hedman to get the last couple of games off and I have to assume the coaching staff feels similarly. Let guys like Domingue, Palat, Johnson and McDonagh eat the big minutes as a result of all those healthy scratches and find their groove.

In true 2017-2018 fashion our last 2 games are back to back home and then away. To be honest our big guns don't need to be a part of a matchup versus Carolina and Buffalo. I'd rather be happy knowing they got a week off after the April 3rd Bruins game

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If I had to pick right this second I'd say he's probably gonna drop off and Malkin wins the Art Ross and Ovechkin gets the Rocket renamed in his honor after winning it again. I don't imagine that Kucherov is going to think much of it either way because I'm gonna be honest, I want to see him amongst Stamkos, Vasy and Hedman to get the last couple of games off and I have to assume the coaching staff feels similarly. Let guys like Domingue, Palat, Johnson and McDonagh eat the big minutes as a result of all those healthy scratches and find their groove.

In true 2017-2018 fashion our last 2 games are back to back home and then away. To be honest our big guns don't need to be a part of a matchup versus Carolina and Buffalo. I'd rather be happy knowing they got a week off after the April 3rd Bruins game

I think it will depend on how close we are with Boston. I think we want that home ice against them. Could have been the difference between us winning in 2011 vs Boston. If we are able to wrap that up then I see us resting guys, but it could come down to the wire.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
As much as I'd like to see Kuch get the Art Ross, I'd be okay with him getting rested here and there moving forward. Teams have started playing him a lot closer to the line in the past few weeks and he's been taking a lot of abuse. Malkin can have his little consolation prize for all I care.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Malkin robbed us of a Stamkos Art Ross. Looks like he's going to do the same with Kucherov.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think it will depend on how close we are with Boston. I think we want that home ice against them. Could have been the difference between us winning in 2011 vs Boston. If we are able to wrap that up then I see us resting guys, but it could come down to the wire.

You're right but we're a little bit lucky right now. Boston is hitting a bit of a slide due to injuries. If we finish this home stand strong, beat Boston in the process and they continue the slide then I think we'll have enough points banked by the end of the month to where we won't have to worry. I'm pretty optimistic about our chances.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Him not winning either could help with the dollar negotiation talks when it comes time to resign. At least from Yzerman's side. If I'm Kuch's agent, there's no way I'm not looking for a lil extra taste after bringing home some hardware; and still say "were not going to break the bank" with a straight face.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
As much as I'd like to see Kuch get the Art Ross, I'd be okay with him getting rested here and there moving forward. Teams have started playing him a lot closer to the line in the past few weeks and he's been taking a lot of abuse. Malkin can have his little consolation prize for all I care.

This comes off a little bitter considering you know, the guy is coming off back to back cups and has already won the Art Ross twice... Going in hot into the playoffs is not a bad thing.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This comes off a little bitter considering the guy is coming off back to back cups... Going in hot into the playoffs is not a bad thing.
Yeah seems like a slag on Malkin who is as fierce a competitor as there is in this league. The guy has a Conn Smythe and three Cups.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah seems like a slag on Malkin who is as fierce a competitor as there is in this league. The guy has a Conn Smythe and three Cups.

That post just comes off weird, the Art Ross is a consolation to what? The many Cups the Lightning have won in recent years?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Probably some cap bonuses as well. But I’m rooting for him because I’m sure he wants it.

Yeah, seriously - are people rooting against him winning to save money that's not even coming out of their pocket? LOL I don't think Vinik is rooting against the guy either.

Hope he has a 5pt night and lights it up.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
Yeah, seriously - are people rooting against him winning to save money that's not even coming out of their pocket? LOL I don't think Vinik is rooting against the guy either.

Hope he has a 5pt night and lights it up.

Yup. Think like Yzerman; team first mentality. Simple business move. Once Kuch gets locked up long term, and where it doesn't financially handcuff the team, I wish him all the luck to stock his shelves with hardware (and net us 3 cups in the next 6, 7, 8 years).

For the record, I really don't care either way. It would be cool to see him set the league on fire over the next few weeks; lock up the Rocket, Art Ross, even Conn Smyth en route to hoisting Lord Stanley... He'll look good in Ranger blue or with a Golden Knight on his chest after he doesn't resign, takes his one year arbitration, and jets off to a big market, netting well over $10-11M/per

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yup. Think like Yzerman; team first mentality. Simple business move. Once Kuch gets locked up long term, and where it doesn't financially handcuff the team, I wish him all the luck to stock his shelves with hardware (and net us 3 cups in the next 6, 7, 8 years).

For the record, I really don't care either way. It would be cool to see him set the league on fire over the next few weeks; lock up the Rocket, Art Ross, even Conn Smyth en route to hoisting Lord Stanley... He'll look good in Ranger blue or with a Golden Knight on his chest after he doesn't resign, takes his one year arbitration, and jets off to a big market, netting well over $10-11M/per
:eyeroll:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I don't think you think you know how Yzerman thinks like you think you do.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
I don't think you think you know how Yzerman thinks like you think you do.

You honestly think if he wins all the awards and the cup, he (and Milstein) will consider another sweetheart deal? Aww geez, he said at first they "won't break the bank." Ha

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You honestly think if he wins all the awards and the cup, he (and Milstein) will consider another sweetheart deal? Aww geez, he said at first they "won't break the bank." Ha

Sigh - there's frugal and then there's this guy. ^

I'm going to let you figure this one out on your own bud, be a good learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad