Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sure but I still don't see a big discount. $11+ mil is my guess. If Kuch wins the Art Ross (very good chance), he'll have yet another bargaining chip.

I'll guess 9-10, ready the tears.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Honestly tho, give Kuch whatever he wants. If he takes a discount thats great! If not then we still have one of the wingers in the NHL locked up for hopefully a long time.

He's earned a big raise.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Kucherov earned a big raise but the problem is that the captain of this team took a discount despite having the terms combined (insane track record + still young) to break the bank. I don't see Kuch' getting a lot more than Stamkos.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kucherov earned a big raise but the problem is that the captain of this team took a discount despite having the terms combined (insane track record + still young) to break the bank. I don't see Kuch' getting a lot more than Stamkos.

Same, he could get 12m and no one would bat an eye but I don't see it.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I could see Kuch taking an 8.5 if he and Stamkos end the year with similar stats. Maybe wishful thinking, but I feel like it's a possibility.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Kucherov has 95 points in his last 65 games, a pace of 120 points over 82 games.

Quite a stretch your star has had. I hope he'll make a run for 120 points.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Would he be the cheapest 100+ point scorer ever, ELCs aside?
Post-lockout? I'd have to check, but a lot of those 2005-7 contracts were kinda small due to the very small cap. I wouldn't be shocked if one or more of those players was making less than 5.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Post-lockout? I'd have to check, but a lot of those 2005-7 contracts were kinda small due to the very small cap. I wouldn't be shocked if one or more of those players was making less than 5.

Better way to compare the contracts following the initial lockout would be to compare the percentage of the team's cap they ate up.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
WOW, thank you for the share and the translation. That is a bitter sweet story of commitment and sacrifice

Thank you for reading and appreciating my article. Definitely the Lightning are one of the clubs I translate more stories about as they have enough Russian players, so there's definitely more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->