Kucherov wins his 2nd Art Ross!! Joins Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr & McDavid in '100 Assists Club'!!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Top 10 in scoring this season: 2 russians, 2 canadians, 2 americans, czhech, german, finn and swede. Pretty cosmopolitan list. Is it the worst season for canadian hockey in terms of top scorers? 11th is russian, by the way.

Yeah, with 75 games played...

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
2017 - Mcdavid
2018 - Mcdavid
2019 - Kucherov
2020 - Draisaitl
2021 - Mcdavid
2022 - Mcdavid
2023 - Mcdavid
2024 - Kucherov

Case in point, it’s hard to win it in the Mcdavid era as only other play to win happen to play in same team as him. Kuch has done it twice..

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Crazy that McDavid came back from against all odds, 22 points back and took the lead only to end up losing by 12 in the end. What a roller coaster.

Thought for sure once McDavid clawed back it was over for Kuch and Mack but then Kucherov caught fire, McDavid struggled and then ultimately sat out with injury.

Reactions: WalterLundy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It was like 1-6AM my guy...
Yeah. They went to bed. That's my point. But it didn't stop them for the last several weeks. It was taking shifts at a hospital or fire station to either put down Kucherov or hype McDavid or MacKinnon. Around the clock coverage. And (I mean it as a compliment) I'm talking to the lord of the 3AM shit post here. It never stopped you

If MacKinnon pulls out 7 points, the maritimes would've worked a double shift while Denver went to bed. If McDavid wins all of Canada stays up for a week

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He keeps blowing me away. I thought Tampa was toast this year but Kucherov put the team on his back. Then Point and Stamkos caught some fire. Overall I think the team is rolling decently heading into the playoffs. It didn't seem this way 3 or 4 months ago.

Honestly I think he should win the Hart and Lindsay too. I guess we'll see.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Kucherov is money when it matters, his whole career he's done this

Kuch delivered again this season when pressure was highest
  • Kucherov and Lightning played 4 games from 2/29 > up to 3/16.
  • That was 1 game during weekdays for 2 weeks straight. Was light load for any NHL team (Sat, Thurs, Sat, Thurs, Sat).
  • Believe Kuch lost scoring lead for 1st time in a awhile during that stretch. Kucherov watched as others passed him or got way closer. This happened with only month to go in regular season. Also believe Lightning's overall team +/- was like -10 or worse around around then. But not completely sure...
  • Kuch was behind and had to play catch-up. Which is tougher to do: ask Tiger Woods how much this was used, as a knock against him, because Tiger didn't come from behind on Sunday's.
  • After 3/16, Kuch/Lightning return to normal NHL teams 3 -4 games per week.
  • While playing teams fighting for playoffs & position in East now.
  • Flyers, Rangers, Florida, Vegas, Sharks, Kings, Ducks, Bruins, Islanders, Wings, Leafs, Canadians, Pens, CBJ, Senators, Caps, Sabers, and epic last game -vs- Leafs (Heck of stretch at seasons end there)
  • With scoring title & playoff clinching pressure at it's highest: Kuch went off playing many teams fighting for playoffs (A few playing for important playoff positioning)
  • From 3/9 > 4/4, Lightning went 10-0-2 with Kuch being Kuch. Not long after 4/4, Lightning clinched playoff spot and distanced themselves from crazy east wildcard finish.
  • Kucherov scored 33 points since 3/9 and did all this with scoring race & playoff pressures at their highest. With month to go in season, Kucherov went off, and came from behind, after losing scoring race lead and delivered again.
  • Nothing was given to Kuch, or no other player choked it away. Kuch earned this by just being a little bit better this season and turning it on when it mattered most.
  • Kucherov has preformed in playoffs, regular season, and during high pressure moments many times over throughout his career.
  • Lightning -vs- Leafs game other night: had loads of pressures in that game with so much history being chased., But Kucherov with Lightning teammates got it done again when pressure is highest.
  • That why Kucherov scoring 2 point per game, against top 10 teams, during this season is not shocking at all. When one looks at Kucherov history, he's done his work -vs- best of best, and when pressure is highest. Starting to think Kuch shoots ice he skates on, into his veins.... lol
Congrats Kucherov, the more breaking down of your historic season: the more impressive it gets.

Last edited:

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crazy that McDavid came back from against all odds, 22 points back and took the lead only to end up losing by 12 in the end. What a roller coaster.

Thought for sure once McDavid clawed back it was over for Kuch and Mack but then Kucherov caught fire, McDavid struggled and then ultimately sat out with injury.
1.78 vs 1.74. Excuses excuses. He played 76 games and lost period.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
2017 - Mcdavid
2018 - Mcdavid
2019 - Kucherov
2020 - Draisaitl
2021 - Mcdavid
2022 - Mcdavid
2023 - Mcdavid
2024 - Kucherov

Case in point, it’s hard to win it in the Mcdavid era as only other play to win happen to play in same team as him. Kuch has done it twice..
McDavid is a machine, one of my favorite players that isn't a Lightning.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Best Russian career all time imo.
And he isnt nearly done.

Reactions: Tofveve

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It’s stats like that that people ignore when they dismiss Gretzky’s stats because they were from the 80s, scoring was so high!
Gretz was sor far ahead of the rest.......nobody before or since was that much better than the rest of the league.
I chuckle at the guys today who try to diminish that. It just tells me they were not around then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad