Night Witch (2016) Keeper League Rules and Scoring

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
When the draft starts I will be creating a new roster thread for the 2017/18 year, a new season thread which will start with the rules, teams, links, etc, and of course a new draft thread.

Remember that in order to draft you need the roster positions open as each team is at full roster and player drops are required prior to the draft. I will be asking for the player drops to be completed no later than 1 week prior to the draft so I can do the draft order and number of rounds.

Also remember we are going to new free agency rules for 2017/18 and adding in PIM and Fights.

The rules & scoring for 2017/18 have all been updated and can be found here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=122580989&postcount=1

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Roster players currently unsigned or not in league

Anaheim = Beauchemin (D- UFA), Polak (D- UFA)
Arizona = Hossa (F- OUT FOR SEASON, Chi)
Carolina = Fisher (F-RET), Nestrasil (F- KHL), Nichushkin (F - KHL)
Columbus = Jagr (F- UFA), Campbell (D- RET)
Los Angeles = M. Michalek (F- UFA)
Nashville = King (F- KHL)
New York Isl = Vanek (F- UFA)
Vegas = Markov (D- KHL), Iginla (F- UFA), Doan (F- UFA), Parenteau (F- UFA), Wideman (D, UFA)
Washington = Klein (D- KHL)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sorry guys I'm up north fishing and not checking in much. I'll PM you Scholarships when I'm back.

I'll canvas the other GMs with 2 teams to see if anyone else wants to give up their 2nd team as well when I am back.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just a heads up, I will be doing a roll call via PM this week to see whose in and if any others with 2 teams care to drop one.

I will want player drops posted or PMd to me no later than Sept 23. You MUST HAVE the open roster spots in order to draft. (All teams rosters are currently full). If you drop 2 players you will have 2 spots in the draft. You do not have to drop anyone but you cannot exceed your roster limits.

The 4 round entry draft will begin Saturday Sept 30 at 8 AM Mountain Time and will go until midnight each day for 4 consecutive days. That should be plenty of time to get all the selections in.

Each team will have 1 hour to make their selection. If after 1 hour the team has not selected the next team will draft.

If you will be unavailable during the draft feel free to PM or EM me your draft list and I will select the next BPA for your team off your list and according to your roster limits.

Trades are open to be made so if you wanted to start trade discussions you can include 2017/18 draft picks in those discussions.

The rosters from last year will have all the players and their point totals if you need to see them.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Current draft order.

Please note I will be starting an all new drafting thread, roster thread and season discussion/trade/drops/free agent thread prior to the draft that the mods will hopefully pin and unpin last seasons threads.

NWHL 2017/18 ENTRY DRAFT

ROUND 1
1. Vancouver Canucks
2. Boston Bruins
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New York Rangers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. Los Angeles Kings
8. Florida Panthers
9. Colorado Avalanche
10. Boston Bruins (from Vegas Golden Knights)
11. Nashville Predators
12. St Louis Blues
13. Washington Capitals
14. New York Islanders
15. Columbus Blue Jackets
16. Chicago Black Hawks
17. Carolina Hurricanes
18. Detroit Red Wings
19. Buffalo Sabres
20. Arizona Coyotes
21. Tampa Bay Lightning

ROUND 2
1. Vancouver Canucks
2. Vegas Golden Knights (from Boston Bruins)
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New York Rangers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. Los Angeles Kings
8. Florida Panthers
9. Colorado Avalanche
10. Vegas Golden Knights
11. Nashville Predators
12. St Louis Blues
13. Washington Capitals
14. New York Islanders
16. Chicago Black Hawks
17. Arizona Coyotes (from Carolina Hurricanes)
18. Detroit Red Wings
19. Buffalo Sabres
20. Arizona Coyotes
21. Tampa Bay Lightning

ROUND 3
1. Vancouver Canucks
2. Vegas Golden Knights (from Boston Bruins)
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New York Rangers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. Los Angeles Kings
8. Florida Panthers
9. Colorado Avalanche
10. Vegas Golden Knights
11. Nashville Predators
12. St Louis Blues
13. Washington Capitals
14. New York Islanders
16. Chicago Black Hawks
17. Carolina Hurricanes
18. Detroit Red Wings
19. Buffalo Sabres
20. Arizona Coyotes
21. Tampa Bay Lightning

ROUND 4
1. Vancouver Canucks
2. Boston Bruins
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New York Rangers
5. New Jersey Devils
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. Los Angeles Kings
8. Florida Panthers
9. Colorado Avalanche
10. Vegas Golden Knights
11. Nashville Predators
12. St Louis Blues
13. Washington Capitals
14. New York Islanders
16. Chicago Black Hawks
17. Carolina Hurricanes
18. Detroit Red Wings
19. Buffalo Sabres
20. Arizona Coyotes
21. Tampa Bay Lightning

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I sent out notice by PM to all team GMs on confirming their participation today.

If anyone can contact themelkman (St Louis) his PM box is full. I did use the email service here and that seemed to go ok.

Note in the PM notice I sent I realize now I had some old names of players, I have updated the GM list here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=122581129&postcount=2

Please PM me back with your participation by August 30!

If I don't hear back from you I will open the team up to new players Sept 1.

Also if you have two teams and are willing to give one up let me know. I will publish the list of available teams to new players Sept 1.

Thanks!

Doug

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Still need to hear back from

Columbus........BoldNewLettuce formerly known as Poundcake
Detroit............datboy11
Edmonton........Hawkzter
St. Louis.........themelkman

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
2nd requests to confirm participation sent out to

Columbus........BoldNewLettuce formerly known as Poundcake
Detroit............datboy11
St. Louis.........themelkman <- PM box full. Email sent.

Edmontons GM must have changed his name and I cannot find anyone named Hawkzter. Still need a confirmation by Sept 1.

I will send out a 3rd and final confirmation request Aug 27 or so. If I do not hear back by Sept 1 I will open the team up to new participants. In the case of Edmonton the old GM who graciously let it go can take it back and run them if they so choose.

Again player drops must be in no later than Sept 23.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Draft eligibility clarifications;

Players rights must held by an NHL team to be eligible to be on a Keeper league roster and/or be drafted. They do not need to be signed to a contract with that team.

This means KHL players whose rights are not held by an NHL team or unsigned UFA's are not eligible for the draft and also must be dropped from your roster. Players on PTO's with NHL teams may be drafted but it's your risk if you pick them and they are released later.

Unsigned UFAs who are signed later by teams can be selected as a Free Agent provided you have the roster spot open (you can sign and drop up to 4 players during the year till the trading deadline, first come first served).

Examples;
Dwight King is not eligible to be drafted or be on a roster as he plays in the KHL without NHL rights.
Valeri Nichushkin can remain on his current roster as his NHL rights are held by Dallas. (& Carolina in our Keeper league).
Ilya Kovalchuk can be drafted as he is a KHL player whose rights are held till the end of the year by NJ.
Jerome Iginla cannot be on a roster as he is an unsigned UFA however if he goes to an NHL camp on a PTO you can take a chance and draft him.

So if you have an unsigned UFA who is not on an NHL PTO by Sept 23 you MUST drop that player as he is not eligible to be on a Keeper Pool roster.

Unsigned RFAs are eligible.

Undrafted CHL/College/European players are not eligible.

Our 4 round 2017/18 draft is good and late, Sept 30, so NHL rosters and PTO's should be pretty much set by then.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Columbus has replied and they are in again.

Still need confirmations from St Louis/Detroit/Edmonton.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
3rd and final notices sent to Detroit, St.Louis. Edmonton's GM is MIA but I have someone interested in taking them over.

If I don't hear back by Thursday I will open these teams up to new GMs.

KC Golden Barons

Aug 29, 2017
For immediate release:

After memorable stints with the Kansas City Scouts, the California Golden Seals, and the Cleveland Barons, the Oilers are pleased to bring aboard KC Golden Barons to steer their ship in the right direction. When questioned about the wisdom of their selection, the Oilers replied, "Surely KC Golden Barons can't be worse than Tambo, can he?" An elated KC Golden Barons added, "Personally, I wouldn't take that bet but I'm looking forward to a great season and will do my best not to screw up the team too bad." The rest of the league is now on notice.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
For immediate release:

After memorable stints with the Kansas City Scouts, the California Golden Seals, and the Cleveland Barons, the Oilers are pleased to bring aboard KC Golden Barons to steer their ship in the right direction. When questioned about the wisdom of their selection, the Oilers replied, "Surely KC Golden Barons can't be worse than Tambo, can he?" An elated KC Golden Barons added, "Personally, I wouldn't take that bet but I'm looking forward to a great season and will do my best not to screw up the team too bad." The rest of the league is now on notice.

:handclap: Glad to have you on board KCGB. (that is a mouthful LOL)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
:blues new GM is Shinkaruk9! Welcome aboard!! Sept 23 I need your player drops (or earlier, Sept 23 is the deadline) and Sept 30 is the start of the entry draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad