Nigel Williams

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by gorrillaunit18, Jun 20, 2007.

1. was he actually born in the U.S? b/c i read an article and it said that he was born in BC. I know he play for the NTDP program, but was he really born there? or was it just a mistake? thanks

2. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    I thought he was from Illinois.

3. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers White guilt milquetoast piece of human garbage. Sponsor

Corporate Drone
    Canada can have him.

4. Bulis hit

Bulis hit Registered User

hmmm..I'm not totally sure, but I believe there is another BC in the USA...or maybe it is another vancouver? I don't remember...but it has something to do with british columbia..

5. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager
    Boston College?

6. Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon Registered User

7. Nich

Nich Registered User

I deal with Beans
    from Illinois....signed with Wisconsin...left because of little to no playing time. really has not lived up to hopes so far since being drafted.

8. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager
    I wouldn't say that. He had a very good year for Saginaw, especially offensively. He's a project, but I don't think the Avs are all that concerned with his progress so far.

9. Bulis hit

Bulis hit Registered User

Nigel Williams was a big time faller in his draft...maybe scouts foresaw these difficulties. And anyway, heven if he doesn't pan out, it was a good gamble from the avs.

10. Eb0la11

Eb0la11 Registered User

I agree, he didnt have a bad year at all. I am kind of interested to see how he progresses in the next couple years. He xcould have a late NHL debut ala Niklas Kronwall.

Now just cause I said Kronwall in a Nigel Williams thread doesnt mean Im comparing him to him, Im just comparing their paths.

11. Fortius

Fortius Registered User

Since we're using the Hockey's Future website, here's the latest they have on Williams. (Ryan Miller, 04/21/2007)

"6’5, 220 lbs. DOB: Apr. 18, 1988 – Montgomery, Illinois
    Acquired: 2nd Round, 51st Overall 2006

After leaving the Wisconsin Badgers after one game over concerns about playing time, Nigel Williams proved to be a physical defenseman who could contribute consistently on offense with the Saginaw Spirit of the OHL. In just 46 games with the Spirit, Williams contributed 17 goals and 19 assists for 36 points, including a hat trick on Dec. 16.

Williams showed his physical side, and also displayed judgment beyond his years, only taking 92 penalty minutes, averaging just under two penalty minutes per game. Williams also proved to be a steady power-play contributor, scoring 12 goals with a man advantage in 2006-07.

For a player in his first season in the OHL, Williams had a strong season, demonstrating a solid all-around game, and using his size effectively. Williams established himself on a team that had good depth on defense when the season began.

At age 18, Williams proved this season that he is well suited to playing in the OHL, and was made excellent contributions on offense, defense, and special teams. His physical play and positioning will continue to improve now that he has a regular home and satisfactory ice time in Saginaw."

It seems to me that his first season could be considered a reasonable success. Yes, he does have some issues with his assignments and is still somewhat raw, but 36 points in 46 games while starting in a new league halfway through the season at least shows some potential. He'll have another year to learn how to be a better technical defenseman, but you can't teach talent and he has that.

12. Bam Beet*

Bam Beet* Guest

Thats great to hear, I hope to see him continue to improve next year as well.

13. He's from Aurora. I went to church with him... Very arrogant young man. Didn't like him too much.

I live in Bolingbrook and he lived in Aurora (15 minutes away)