Nigel Dawes [For those that saw him play]

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

What are your final opinions on him, got a scouting report etc and also please answer the following questions:

Is he the real deal, will he be in the NHL?
Martin St Louis or Brian Gionta?

thanks in advance

leafaholix*

Not as fast as Gionta or St. Louis.

More like Cliff Ronning.

And he's not "the real deal"... he's still a prospect.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Reminds me of Simon Gamache. He can score alot in the Juniors, but his size may be a problem when he moves to the NHL game. Lets hope its not for both of them!

leafaholix*

Dawes is 19.

There's no reason to think he can't succeed. He's got heart and never lets down... definately not soft, which really comes in handy when you're a small player.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
#37-#93-#27 said:
What are your final opinions on him, got a scouting report etc and also please answer the following questions:

Is he the real deal, will he be in the NHL?
Martin St Louis or Brian Gionta?

thanks in advance

I liked him in the 3 games i saw him play.

Small, but strong on his skates. Nice shot. I could certainly see him becoming a Gionta type player.

Bure9*

Nobody ever talks about his hockey sense, how is it? Being 5'8" and making it in the NHL is a tough task. Can't really go by junior numbers so we'll have to see how he fairs in training camp next year.

leafaholix*

He's pretty smart on the ice... didn't really notice him defensively, which is a good thing I suppose. I could see a little Mark Recchi now that you've mentioned it.

Moreso Cliff Ronning.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
SingnBluesOnBroadway said:
When ever John Davidson speaks of Dawes the player he always compares him to is Mark Recchi.

I'm not sure if I agree with that, because as good a goal scorer Recchi was, his playing was even that much better.

I didn't notice him being that creative and that good with the puck.

Recchi might be his ultimate upside, but I think a Gionta is fairly realistic.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The reason Dawes made the team is his strength on the puck. Lots of small players can score but are easily knocked off the puck or checked. Dawes is not like that. He protects the puck really well and has good balance. He is a gritty when the puck is on his stick, if that makes any sense.

He'll be a player, his shot is lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad