Injury Report: Nieto out up to a month-broken knuckle

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Shark luck. Breaks the only part of a hand that makes it impossible to play through if needed.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This is when he has to relearn how to stick handle and while he sucks with the puck in this year's playoffs, he comes back next year as a scoring machine...cuz he can actually handle the puck.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I feel bad for Nieto, but I hope we get a long look of Tierney at 3c because of his injury

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I feel bad for Nieto, but I hope we get a long look of Tierney at 3c because of his injury

I don't mind him being the center on Marleau's line after the faceoffs but they need to get him out of the circle because he was awful.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That blows. Nieto is an awesome PKer, which is where I think we'll miss him the most. Plus he's versatile enough to fill any hole in a pinch.

I broke my knuckle on a hard wood cabinet in the wake of game 5 against the Red Wings in 2011. I don't think I need to explain to anyone how or why. :laugh:

It was really annoying. I couldn't do jack **** with my hand for a month even though I didn't actually get a hard cast. It healed just in time for prom though, luckily.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Man, that Spaling acquisition is looking pretty good right now. Same with Morin, if anyone else goes down (how's he been doing with Barracuda, anyone know?)

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
A Broken Knuckle sounds really painful. Can't really use the hand at all in that time.

They actually don't hurt much at all. But if you don't let it heal correctly you can permanently lose mobility in the knuckle/finger. I don't properly wait for my right pinkie knuckle to heal and now my finger doesn't flex open as far as the others. They are making the right call on this IMO. They do heal fast though, so there is a good chance he is back before the quoted month.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
Actually could be some silver lining to his injury.

The knuckle isn't going to impact his legs or overall fitness levels.
It allows for him to rest and heal up any bumps and bruises
He will be able to work with the ST coaches on positioning against the Duck PP

Obviously his timing and stick handling will be impacted but I suspect we are going to see Nieto come back skating as fast as we ever have.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
That blows. Nieto is an awesome PKer, which is where I think we'll miss him the most. Plus he's versatile enough to fill any hole in a pinch.

I broke my knuckle on a hard wood cabinet in the wake of game 5 against the Red Wings in 2011. I don't think I need to explain to anyone how or why. :laugh:

It was really annoying. I couldn't do jack **** with my hand for a month even though I didn't actually get a hard cast. It healed just in time for prom though, luckily.

Sheesh anger management? :sarcasm:

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX

I traveled from Texas to SJ to see that game. My first time ever seeing the Sharks play live. I can relate to your frustration.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00