Player Discussion Nicolas Deslauriers - Un Gars D'Chez Nous Edition

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sylvain Lefebvre is so desperate to prop his self-importance that he takes credit for Deslauriers's progress, even if Lefebvre only had him for 13 games:

«C’est une fierté de voir ces gars-là. On ne manque pas beaucoup de matchs [des Canadiens]. Même quand on est dans l’auto, on les écoute à la radio. Pour nous les entraîneurs, c’est comme un cadeau», a-t-il confié à Renaud Lavoie durant l’émission #LavoieDubé, lundi soir.
Lefebvre s’est fait particulièrement élogieux à l’égard de Deslauriers...

So Lefebvre is really "proud" of Deslauriers, it's a "gift" to him and his assistants to see Deslauriers do well. If Lefebvre is that good in turning around a player's career in 13 games, he shouldn't be coaching a hockey team, he should be gracing the masses with his special powers.

The real gift though is how Lefebvre still has a job thanks to a buddy in high places.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Nice 4th line player. He has it all.

Deslauriers >> McCarron

I couldn't agree more.

McCarron can learn a lot from Deslauriers. It's not about penalty minutes or fights, it's about being a presence and competing. This guy has no quit. Short on skill, big on heart and I"m happy with what he brings to our club.

One of purple pants better pickups.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Fun fact about Deslauriers: he has a GF% of 100% in over 100 minutes of ice-time so far.

Pas pire.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Sylvain Lefebvre is so desperate to prop his self-importance that he takes credit for Deslauriers's progress, even if Lefebvre only had him for 13 games:

So Lefebvre is really "proud" of Deslauriers, it's a "gift" to him and his assistants to see Deslauriers do well. If Lefebvre is that good in turning around a player's career in 13 games, he shouldn't be coaching a hockey team, he should be gracing the masses with his special powers.

The real gift though is how Lefebvre still has a job thanks to a buddy in high places.

Lefebvre is a special breed of shitty person.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

The Habs organisation is becoming the North Korea of sports franchises, it is unbelievable. Losers being propped up by journalists as if they were the 70s Canadiens, when will this shit end?

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Don't know what folks are seeing. I think he's been hot garbage.

What did Sly even do? He was a fringe NHLer before he came here, and he is still a fringe NHLer.

"I'll just drop these little inflammatory comments and illicit some responses"

Right now he looks like a solid fourth liner, a team guy and it seems he is able to control the energy of a game. I think on some nights he has actually been our best all around player, and you can tell Claude likes him, poor mans Lucic.

Reactions: Mike McCarron Jr

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Right now he looks like a solid fourth liner, a team guy and it seems he is able to control the energy of a game. I think on some nights he has actually been our best all around player, and you can tell Claude likes him, poor mans Lucic.
But what does this have to do with Sly? Why is he asking credit? I get that he has an absolutely horrendous record of developing NHLers, but it's just stupid to say that. It just confirms that he is bad at his job.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

I don't see solid. I don't see control. I don't know how you could possibly see BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER out of Nic Deslauriers. He's your basic fringe forward.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
But what does this have to do with Sly? Why is he asking credit? I get that he has an absolutely horrendous record of developing NHLers, but it's just stupid to say that. It just confirms that he is bad at his job.

But why bring Sly up in a thread about Deslauriers, i think Sly already have a thread or just create one

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Habs organisation is becoming the North Korea of sports franchises, it is unbelievable. Losers being propped up by journalists as if they were the 70s Canadiens, when will this **** end?

This is on par with the fluff piece that RDS showed recently about Larry and Nick Carrière, during an intermission of a Laval Rocket game. You'll see how in it, Larry acts as a puppetmaster, barely allowing his son to answer even when the whole thing was nothing more than softball questions. Be prepared to vomit:

Une histoire de famille chez le Rocket

$

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What did Sly even do? He was a fringe NHLer before he came here, and he is still a fringe NHLer.

Lefebvre's a fringe NHLer like Bergevin. And one of Lefebvre's assitant coaches is Nick Carrière Sr. (wonder how he got the job) and the other, Donald Dufresne, another fringe NHL defenseman. Not to mention Francis Bouillon, another fringer who was named player development coach.

Back to Deslauriers ...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
good to see another thread has become about something different then intended keep up the good work :)

I sort of derailed it and yes, ND has been a good addition to the 4th line but it seems like propaganda to me when sly guides the farm team to one first round exit in his time on the job but no tough criticism and now this? He didn’t even develop the player.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I sort of derailed it and yes, ND has been a good addition to the 4th line but it seems like propaganda to me when sly guides the farm team to one first round exit in his time on the job but no tough criticism and now this? He didn’t even develop the player.

Especially seeing as he actually played in the NHL before getting the opportunity to be graced by the presence of the great Sylvain Lefebvre.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Especially seeing as he actually played in the NHL before getting the opportunity to be graced by the presence of the great Sylvain Lefebvre.

I like how Deslauriers takes quick credit for the likes of Deslauriers and Froese, just cause they're currently in the NHL, but if you call him on his record or some other aspect of his coaching, he'll be quick to point out a ton of excuses.

20z7on.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad