Player Discussion: Niclas Bergfors - What happened?

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
I see he is playing in Sweden now. How is he doing in your opinions? He was once a pretty serviceable player in the NHL, what is thought to be the main reason for his departure?

I don't see why an NHL team wouldn't offer him a decent contract to play as secondary scoring on the 2nd or 3rd line.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
One-way player who came to Trotz and Nashville, where creativity goes to die. When they dumped him he returned to Europe, the option was AHL. He's also playing in Russia, not Sweden.

I'm not sure he's an UFA yet.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
oh he is playing in Russia. Weird when I was reading I thought I read that he was playing for Sodertaje in Sweden but now I can't find that anymore.

Hopefully he gets an NHL job again. I liked him. A dyslexic man's Forsberg.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
oh he is playing in Russia. Weird when I was reading I thought I read that he was playing for Sodertaje in Sweden but now I can't find that anymore.

Hopefully he gets an NHL job again. I liked him. A dyslexic man's Forsberg.

Södertälje is his youth team. Now he plays for Admiral in the KHL.

And I think he could fill a role on a second/third line in the NHL, but I think Preds still have his rights so he might wait to become a UFA - after next season I think that is.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
Södertälje is his youth team. Now he plays for Admiral in the KHL.

And I think he could fill a role on a second/third line in the NHL, but I think Preds still have his rights so he might wait to become a UFA - after next season I think that is.

Thank you for the clarification.

I wonder what Sedin - Sedin - Bergfors could pull off. Has team Sweden done this line in international play ever? I know they've used Sedin - Sedin - Hornqvist and Franzen and those lines did pretty well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00