Nickname for the arena?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Okay, this may be a stupid thread - but all barns need a good nickname. It's good karma.

My suggestion is so geeky that nobody will probably like it. But in Arthur C. Clarke's book, 2001: A Space Odyssey, the famous black monolith that signifies the existence of extraterrestrial life and drives the narrative is christened TMA-1 (Tycho Magnetic Anomaly, since in the book it's found in the Tycho crater on the moon).

"The Monolith" sounds like a great arena nickname to me. :D

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Geeky? There's got to be a better word for it than that. :laugh: I like the logic though.

I've got a feeling it's just going to develop organically, either based on the team's name or some other other random thing that happens. Who would have ever expected UNLV to play in the Shark Tank? I've just been calling it T-Mobile Arena since it was named, but it is a pain to say. Maybe I'll start calling it The T until something else pops up.

Plus, those monolith things are weird as hell in the movie.

Jun 6, 2016
Idk where to put this but Sin.Bin has pics up of the inside they're putting in the hockey rink. Looks sick.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
What was on that lot before the arena was built?

Depends how far back you go. It was the Dunes Golf Course a long time ago then it turned into the construction offices for CityCenter. Back when they were built, those buildings were the most expensive temporary buildings in history.

Prior to the recession, the area where T-MA is now as well as the Monte Carlo parking garage was supposed to be Phase 2 of the CityCenter project.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I keep going Madhouse because of my Chicago thing.

The Castle on Park Avenue
The Madhouse on (Dean) Martin
The Round Table
The Magenta Madhouse
The T
The Medieval Madhouse
The Dungeon

I can't stop thinking of madhouses. :laugh:

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Temple of Doom.... no Fortress of Doom.... for some reason it has to have Doom in it. DOOOOOOOM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->