Nicklas Bergfors

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliasISawesome

Oct 12, 2004
I've read from a few diff sites that he is the Dev's top prospect.

For those who have seen him play, what are his skill sets?

speed?
agility?
wrist shot?
slap shot?
intangibles?
tanacity?
physical?

the next Alexander Mogilny?(who i think was the most skilled forward ever)

X-SHARKIE

eliasISawesome said:
I've read from a few diff sites that he is the Dev's top prospect.

For those who have seen him play, what are his skill sets?

speed?
agility?
wrist shot?
slap shot?
intangibles?
tanacity?
physical?

the next Alexander Mogilny?(who i think was the most skilled forward ever)

Speed: Not end to end, but very quick from the blue line in, and quick on the forecheck and especially good at getting to loose rebounds.

Agility: Not a waterbug, but has a shifty side to him, agility is strong.

Wrist shot: He has a good shooting arsenal, but mostly finishes because he is accurate and smart, not because he is overpowering.

Slap shot: Accurate but it's not deadly.

Intangibles: He thinks the game a step ahead of his peers, instincts and hockey sense, especially offensively are threw the roofe.

Tenacity: He can drive the net and forechecks hard, but isn't an agitator.

Physical: Not really, not shy of traffic by any means but isn't going to cork a guy and he won't finish every check, but no push over.

Transported Upstater

I've been very impressed with his play in the AHL.

C-J...*

I always thought he was very fast on the skates?

Never saw him play live though, only on TV, guess everyone else on the rink was slow instead;o)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He still doesn't show it every time out, but I used to think of Daniel Alfredsson more than a player like Mogilny when watching Bergfors. In that Bergfors does have a bit of that degree of tenacity and somewhat surprising "intangibles" factor like Alfredsson does. Alfredsson's slickness gets overlooked, maybe Bergfors' drive also gets overlooked too, and in the end, the two are more similar than maybe one initially thinks? :dunno:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Really Really impressed me the way he handles the puck and can see the ice. I wish he had a little better game breaking ability but overall I thought he was very impressive, similar to Forsberg IMO, moreso then Alfie.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Jason MacIsaac said:
Really Really impressed me the way he handles the puck and can see the ice. I wish he had a little better game breaking ability but overall I thought he was very impressive, similar to Forsberg IMO, moreso then Alfie.
Still thinks "shoot" more often than Forsberg from my impression, which is why I say Alfie, but the physical strength and so on makes Forsberg a valid choice too.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
On TSN they said that his hobby growing up was body-building. You can tell - he has that inner strength/lower body strength that allows him to dominate with his body positioning in the corners, much like Forsberg. He thinks the game like one of the Sedins, IMHO. He enjoys gaining possession down low and playing the cycle. He should have had 5 points against the Fins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->