Confirmed with Link: Nick Shore traded to Calgary

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Stalberg was so much better than Shore he wasn't even able to get an NHL contract this season. What about that narrative?

And Shore plays a more valuable position. And also you've seen maybe 2-3 games of Shore right? They have very similar stats also... Explain how Stalberg is much better exactly?

We offered him a deal. He wanted to go to Europe.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We offered him a deal. He wanted to go to Europe.

Source

"Stalberg, 31, could not secure an NHL contract after scoring 11 goals and 16 points in 75 games with both the Hurricanes and Senators last season. Stalberg is now heading to Switzerland as he signed a two-year contract with EV Zug of the Swiss League, per a team announcement"

Yea Stalberg really wanted to go play in the Swiss league instead of getting an NHL contract. What are you even talking about lmao.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Source

"Stalberg, 31, could not secure an NHL contract after scoring 11 goals and 16 points in 75 games with both the Hurricanes and Senators last season. Stalberg is now heading to Switzerland as he signed a two-year contract with EV Zug of the Swiss League, per a team announcement"

Yea Stalberg really wanted to go play in the Swiss league instead of getting an NHL contract. What are you even talking about lmao.

Ottawa Senators: Viktor Stalberg Leaves NHL for Switzerland

Simple Google search dude. Jesus. You guys would argue that the sky is green if you could. This was a widely known fact.

till capable of playing in the NHL he’s rumoured to have turned down NHL contracts to play in the Swiss League. This includes an offer from the Ottawa Senators. Perhaps he is getting more money to play over in Europe, after all he was only paid 1.5 million last season. However, it seems more likely that he turned down a potentially more lucrative offer so that he can play in the Olympics.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ottawa Senators: Viktor Stalberg Leaves NHL for Switzerland

Simple Google search dude. Jesus. You guys would argue that the sky is green if you could. This was a widely known fact.

Interesting! I actually googled it before and found this other article saying he couldn't land an NHL contract.

That being said, the difference between Stalberg and Shore is not 3rd to 7th round especially considering the contractual situation, position and similar stats. Hoping we could've got more for him.

Reactions: swiftwin

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorion probably should have got more, given the comparables:

Vatrano for 2018 3rd
Aberg for 2018 4th
Soshnikov for 2019 4th
Wingels for 2019 5th
Fehr for 2020 7th

If I knew we were going to deal him, I would have expected a mid-round pick this year, not a 7th a year from now, but whatever.

I wasn't expecting him to get dealt, so I'm not too upset with getting a 7th for a guy I thought would walk as a UFA on July 1.

Pretty sure he is RFA at the end of his contract. We could have qualified him for just over 1 mil, so good 4th line center contract for a decent 4th line center.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As I mentioned to you in the Belleville thread & post regarding JOB, I did mention that maybe they signed JOB because they intended on moving Shore & made the line Paul - JOB - Gagne. JOB is cheaper & may be as good or bad whichever you prefer. Not a big deal, hard working 4th line centre or injury callup, not like Shore did anything while here anyway. The Shore family must hate Ottawa now.

What do you want from a 4th line? I want energic players that will keep the puck in the o-zone and score a few goals while not costing the team in terms of scoring chances and goals. I believe Paul can be a part of that line I am looking for. I doubt O’Brien will be more than a call-up in case of injuries and I would give one more year to Gagne in the AHL

You see that line as our 4th in the NHL next year?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What do you want from a 4th line? I want energic players that will keep the puck in the o-zone and score a few goals while not costing the team in terms of scoring chances and goals. I believe Paul can be a part of that line I am looking for. I doubt O’Brien will be more than a call-up in case of injuries and I would give one more year to Gagne in the AHL

You see that line as our 4th in the NHL next year?
I have no idea tbh. Will Burrows, Pyatt & Paajarvi still be here next yr? Two of them could be on the 4th line. Brown, Paul, White, Chlapik or JOB are all possibilities to play as the 4th line centre next yr. Who knows? They might make another deal during the draft or pick up a UFA July 1, lots of possibilities.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Trade of the century right there.

Not sure why folks argue so much over 4th liners. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Doesn't even know which shore brother we had

Dorion, " we traded drew shore for a pick".

Ha, then corrects himself saying it was nick shore. "We drafted his brother a long time ago".

But we drafted Quentin shore. Looked like he was still referring to drew. Oh boy

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
We don't want him here long-term.

We took the best offer for him at the last minute.

It's anticlimactic, but it's hardly a head-scratcher.

Why not qualify him? It’s only 925k. He could play here next year as a 4th liner. Just don’t get why we move him for a 7th.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wow, the usual hfsens posters are upset about the return and just know that Dorion could and should have gotten more. If only he would assess the market and take the best deal instead of whatever the does.

Do you not get tired of yourselves? I get tired of you, and the crap that I feel compelled to post in response.

Can those of you who promised to give up on the team leave already???

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Wow, the usual hfsens posters are upset about the return and just know that Dorion could and should have gotten more. If only he would assess the market and take the best deal instead of whatever the does.

Do you not get tired of yourselves? I get tired of you, and the crap that I feel compelled to post in response.

Can those of you who promised to give up on the team leave already???

Settle down fella.

Look, we didn’t have to trade Shore. I know he’s nothing special, but we could have kept him, qualified him and brought him back on a one year deal. I don’t expect much for him, but he’s in the league and chances are the guy we pick with that 7th won’t even make the nhl.

Am I broken up over losing him? Of course not, but it just seems like we gave him away, and we didn’t really have to do that.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nick Shore could very well end up having more value to Calgary than Lazar..2nd for Lazar looks even better now

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe part of the plan is opening up a few spots on the 4th line for the kids? Roll 4 lines for the rest of the year. Not a bad way to give some rookies a bit of NHL icetime under their belt with zero expectations.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Settle down fella.

Look, we didn’t have to trade Shore. I know he’s nothing special, but we could have kept him, qualified him and brought him back on a one year deal. I don’t expect much for him, but he’s in the league and chances are the guy we pick with that 7th won’t even make the nhl.

Am I broken up over losing him? Of course not, but it just seems like we gave him away, and we didn’t really have to do that.

Ugh, I know, I know, this was a hard day for the likes of me around here, in fact it's been tough for a long time now. My apologies.

Yes, we needed to get rid of him as he was a throw in on a trade, and we want the roster spot for one of our young guys. We checked the market and took back an asset for him.

If we venture over to the Oduya waiver thread we see how lame PD is because another NHL player was let go for nothing on waivers because we couldn't even get a 7th. This fan base is willing to talk out of both sides of its mouth around here non-stop to slam management, and I for one have been f***ing tired of it forever.

Bunch of whinny bitches. Sorry, but I've been on here all day along with everyone else and it's been one for the ages. I'll apologize, but I won't hear shit from the same guys who complain forever on here. It's because there is no interest in rational discussion, and more a place to vent like a teenager.

EDIT: yes, add smartass response about how i'm venting like a teenager ;) fuuuuuuuu

Last edited:

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
Ugh, I know, I know, this was a hard day for the likes of me around here, in fact it's been tough for a long time now. My apologies.

Yes, we needed to get rid of him as he was a throw in on a trade, and we want the roster spot for one of our young guys. We checked the market and took back an asset for him.

If we venture over to the Oduya waiver thread we see how lame PD is because another NHL player was let go for nothing on waivers because we couldn't even get a 7th. This fan base is willing to talk out of both sides of its mouth around here non-stop to slam management, and I for one have been ****ing tired of it forever.

Bunch of whinny *****es. Sorry, but I've been on here all day along with everyone else and it's been one for the ages. I'll apologize, but I won't here **** from the same guys who complain forever on here. It's because there is no interest in rational discussion, and more a place to vent like a teenager.

EDIT: yes, add smartass response about how i'm venting like a teenager ;) fuuuuuuuu
beat me to thr punch lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad