Prospect Info: Nick Paul

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I can't recall him being this confident and having such impacts on games. Maybe one other time since he entered the league.

He was the best player at the development camp this yr & had a very good rookie tournament too.

I haven't been on the boards for long but I believe I caught the tail end of the jakub culek fling. That didn't end wel. I think paul is the real deal. I'm happy for aragorn.

Thank you, thank you very much.

It's hard breaking up with someone when you find out they weren't who they said they were.

Lots of emotions going on - hurt, betrayal, anger... it stays with you for a while.

I'm still pissed off with that guy, do you mind if I lay on your couch.

You and me are the same i like big players ,and i do see a joel Otto type of quality with him :handclap:

I like a big tough heavy team who don't get pushed around although every team needs a good balance of skill & size. Edm has skill but they don't have the size they need to compete in the NHL especially in the West IMO.

I was thinking more of Paul Gaustad in that Guastad was the 2nd best faceoff guy in the NHL behind Bergeron for quite some time & Paul came out of junior as being very good at faceoffs & a very good defensive forward, a 200' player. Having said that, he can also put some pts up which is what I'm also hoping for that this guy has the total package. I'm sorry they traded Lindberg because I thought he would have been a very good skilled player to play with Paul but now that he is gone to Toronto I hope he busts. :laugh:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I like Paul but he's raw he still has a lot to learn. Tonight Phaneuf needed an outlet for a pass from the left of his net but he was facing a defender. Paul stayed in a straight line behind that defender and also in line with the Van D pinching at the point. So Phaneuf had a nice 3 player straight line in front of him and the inside pass was covered so he had to ditch the puck to his left and up towards the boards. Paul couldn't recover it and it led to a Van goal. If Paul had moved closer to the boards Phaneuf would have had a pass option. Rookie mistake by Paul not opening himself up for a pass on the wall I'm sure the coach will explain it to him and he'll learn.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm still pissed off with that guy, do you mind if I lay on your couch.

I'm listening...

kelsey-grammer-frasier-tv-show-photo-GC.jpg

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not entirely sure that this team is as diverse as you would suggest.

In fact, that's kind of part of the problem right now.

I think it is, a bunch of guys that don't fit together.

Don't think diversity is the problem. We have big guys small guys. Lots of guys bringing different things to the table.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think it is, a bunch of guys that don't fit together.

Don't think diversity is the problem. We have big guys small guys. Lots of guys bringing different things to the table.

Leadership might be the issue. Look at how much of a big deal everyone made about Phaneuf actually speaking up in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->