Prospect Info: Nick Paul

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hoff and stone on the wings will do that

He joined them in the back half of those games.

I remember his first few games were with smith (remember Lazard first point. When smith knocked it in as it was going over the line against the avs.). He just looked so great. Smart plays with the puck. Crisp passes. Tracking guys back like kray.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nick Paul is going to be a special player for this franchise, he is only going to get better with age & experience.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Very encouraging to see what prospects like Dzingel and Paul have offered thus far.

Despite not going on a full on tank, I think we will be fine in the future. We have drafted well enough outside of the 1st round.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I haven't been on the boards for long but I believe I caught the tail end of the jakub culek fling. That didn't end well.

It's hard breaking up with someone when you find out they weren't who they said they were.

Lots of emotions going on - hurt, betrayal, anger... it stays with you for a while.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Nick Paul is going to be a special player for this franchise, he is only going to get better with age & experience.
You and me are the same i like big players ,and i do see a joel Otto type of quality with him :handclap:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's hard breaking up with someone when you find out they weren't who they said they were.

Lots of emotions going on - hurt, betrayal, anger... it stays with you for a while.

That's why. I'm a big aragorn-paul truther

Almost as much of a truther as I was for Ted and Robin If you watch that show.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I'm a fan. Wonder how his develop is going to be affected going forward. Is he going to stay on the 3rd-4th line in the NHL or can he be something more? Will he be allowed to become something more by Cameron?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
It's kinda weird he looked so poor at the start of the season in Bingo. He's looked pretty solid as an NHLer is the role he's been given (yes, sheltered but still...) right off the hop.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm a fan. Wonder how his develop is going to be affected going forward. Is he going to stay on the 3rd-4th line in the NHL or can he be something more? Will he be allowed to become something more by Cameron?
Thinking he is more or less.the way his career has tracked ,i could see him playing a shut down role kinda like SC in philly

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
He really just needs to get healthy at this point I dont see the point of him playing. He is clearly hurt just think about the level he was playing at, at the start of the season.

If he plays all year then he doesnt get to work out property in the summer because he will be rehabing the entire time. If he stops playing now and starts getting better maybe he gets back at the end of the year but he for sure will be ready to go next season. Right now he isnt contributing.

Turris started the season quickly in Oct with 12 pts., which is almost half of his season's total.

Since Nov. 1/15 he has been average or worse offensively and his defensive game hasn't been very good.

So while he may not be 100%, I don't think producing 2 goals and 8 assists since Dec 1st, and nothing in his last 13 games can all be blamed on injury.

IMO Turris just isn't playing well enough, injured or not, and shouldn't be centering Hoffman and Stone which only exacerbates the situation.

If this is the best he has to offer right now, then I do agree the team would be better off just resting him.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
FWIW,

Both Murray and Dorion have said that Paul was already playing an NHL type game in junior, and that he could be the type of player that one day "just figures it out".

I'm hoping for a less injury prone Martin Hanzal.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
FWIW,

Both Murray and Dorion have said that Paul was already playing an NHL type game in junior, and that he could be the type of player that one day "just figures it out".

I'm hoping for a less injury prone Martin Hanzal.

or Michalek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->