Prospect Info: Nick Paul

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
:handclap:

I don't think Stone is soft but the other two IMO are not exactly what I would call tough, physical or gritty.

You know a lot of people on here thought that Filatov was this highly skilled top line 60 pt player & he turned into a mediocre KHL player. There was also hope for Petersson, remember he was going to be on a line with Spezza for the next decade & Conacher was a 50 pt player for some. I just don't see any evidence that Drouin is going to be a superstar in the NHL, my guess is he may never make it to the NHL & could end up in Europe or the KHL.

A number of people on here think Prince should be playing & yet the coach doesn't think so for some reason & I would think he wouldn't like Drouin either who is defensively irresponsible. I would rather go after a sure NHL player like Okposo who has an NHL resume than take a risk & lose assets for an unknown.

Oh thank god I read this a second time I almost lost my mind, I actually thought you were saying to trade Paul for Drouin. :laugh: I like what I see from Paul so far, I have high hopes for this guy.

Haha I was saying it sarcastically. I no doubt trade Paul straight up for drouin

Drouin is already a .5 ppg guy. He's already a.l top 6 winger. Do you really think Drouin is some failure lol.

I'm telling you now. If only paul was the price for drouin. Drouin would be an Ottawa senator.

Just because he's small (he's not that small) doesn't mean he's going to end up in the khl or like Peterson (never thought he was given enough of a chance) or filatov (kinda think the same thing). He's not in the situation because he's a bust. He hasn't done a single thing go anyone to question his draft status.

Last edited:

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I would love to see a line off nick paul-turris-stone.

Lines:
Hoffman-zbad-ryan
Paul-turris-stone
Smith-pageau-chiasson
Prince-lazar-neil

claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Methot-widemen

2nd line would be beasst. I dont think the other team would touch the puck

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Lines:
Hoffman-zbad-ryan
Paul-turris-stone
Smith-pageau-chiasson
Prince-lazar-neil

claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Methot-widemen

Love the D. But I'd still find a spot for Dzingel somewhere. Preferably over Chiasson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Lines:
Hoffman-zbad-ryan
Paul-turris-stone
Smith-pageau-chiasson
Prince-lazar-neil

claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Methot-widemen

Where's Dzingle... Paul has not shown enough to be there IMO

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I'm liking his game so far. Great skill-set for the bottom 6, and it looks like he and Lazar have some chemistry.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Lines:
Hoffman-zbad-ryan
Paul-turris-stone
Smith-pageau-chiasson
Prince-lazar-neil

claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Methot-widemen

I would just love to see Turris start to do something positive again. :nod:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would just love to see Turris start to do something positive again. :nod:

He really just needs to get healthy at this point I dont see the point of him playing. He is clearly hurt just think about the level he was playing at, at the start of the season.

If he plays all year then he doesnt get to work out property in the summer because he will be rehabing the entire time. If he stops playing now and starts getting better maybe he gets back at the end of the year but he for sure will be ready to go next season. Right now he isnt contributing.

KingK

Jan 14, 2014
Wont be too much longer and we will see Lazar break out, it has already started IMO

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Paul earned more Sens playing time last night. Like that he is a big body and appears to have good hockey sense. Last night was the first time I got to watch him for a full game and hope he can keep it up.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Drouin would be a nice add ,but he isnt worth paying 3rd OA prices .His stock has dropped .Next year,s 1st ,a 2nd this year and another small add say Puemple is more than fair:nod:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Love the infusion of youth we get every few months. First McCormick - who, IMO, will get another chance - and soon. Then Dzingel, who is absolutely fantastic. Now Paul, who is big, hard to play against and a future big part of the lineup. Excellent times!

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Drouin would be a nice add ,but he isnt worth paying 3rd OA prices .His stock has dropped .Next year,s 1st ,a 2nd this year and another small add say Puemple is more than fair:nod:

I would happily give this year's 1st with no questions asked for Drouin. Kid's gonna be good.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Love the infusion of youth we get every few months. First McCormick - who, IMO, will get another chance - and soon. Then Dzingel, who is absolutely fantastic. Now Paul, who is big, hard to play against and a future big part of the lineup. Excellent times!

I love watching the young guys play too. Some pretty decent players in that group. I'd also like to see Drouin added to the mix.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Wont be too much longer and we will see Lazar break out, it has already started IMO

I agree with this, his last month give or take he has taken his game up several notches.
He is clearly finding his game at the NHL level.

It's great to see him play like this, the smiles which never entirely left as he struggled are back in full force.
A confident lazar is going to a real good player for us.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Paul earned more Sens playing time last night. Like that he is a big body and appears to have good hockey sense. Last night was the first time I got to watch him for a full game and hope he can keep it up.

his skating sure seems fine to me, especially in full flight. Good lord he looks like a freight train whistling down the ice.
Hope he uses it to punish on the forecheck, he did a couple times last night.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Paul has likely passed Prince and Puemple on the depth chart at this point. You know Murray likes his big guys.

Really impressive thus far though. He looks very comfortable in front of the net. I bet he scores a bunch of goals that look just like his first did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->