Proposal: Nichushkin to CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Would really help fill the RW in CGY. Isnt happy in Dallas. Could play on any of the top 3 lines. Frolik, Nich, Chiasson, Ferland on the right. However he does shoot left.

What would it take? Unfortunately (for proposal purposes) CGY has 3 untouchable defenseman and then scraps/cap dumps. So likely a D prospect would have to work.

Andersson or Kylington + or

Wotherspoon + Klimchuk.

I dunno. Shoot

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Would really help fill the RW in CGY. Isnt happy in Dallas. Could play on any of the top 3 lines. Frolik, Nich, Chiasson, Ferland on the right. However he does shoot left.

What would it take? Unfortunately (for proposal purposes) CGY has 3 untouchable defenseman and then scraps/cap dumps. So likely a D prospect would have to work.

Wotherspoon + Klimchuk.

I dunno. Shoot

The highlighted players should not be traded for Nichushkin, the Flames are trying to build a winning team and you don't win with players like Nichushkin.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Nichuskin is happy in Dallas. He has not talked about leaving to the KHL. He can be had but for immediate LHD help. Dallas does not need or want futures for him.

Based off the above and what you outlined there is no deal to be made

SouthernRanger

Jun 24, 2016
Nichuskin is happy in Dallas. He has not talked about leaving to the KHL. He can be had but for immediate LHD help. Dallas does not need or want futures for him.

Based off the above and what you outlined there is no deal to be made

Hasn't it been mentioned that he was unhappy with his ice time and was frustrated with being scratched?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Hasn't it been mentioned that he was unhappy with his ice time and was frustrated with being scratched?

He vented to the media after a game where he played about 10 minutes because we took about 6 penalties and had like 4 power plays. That game we played the first PP a bunch and he isn't on the PK so he along with many others had weird ice time that game.

There is nothing wrong with a slight media mishap from a 20 year old. You need to learn at some time and making mistakes is the best way to learn.

In summary Nuke is happy in Dallas he just got taken advantage of by a story hungry media member. Management is happy with him and he is happy with the team. There are many sources of this from Nill Ruff and our beat reporters.

The only people making anything of the interview are outside fans. Dallas fans see nothing of it

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
The highlighted players should not be traded for Nichushkin, the Flames are trying to build a winning team and you don't win with players like Nichushkin.

I'm curious, what do you mean by players "like" Nichushkin?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
There is a lot of Russian media speculation that Stars Valeri Nichushkin is returning to Traktor of the KHL.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
There is a lot of Russian media speculation that Stars Valeri Nichushkin is returning to Traktor of the KHL.

There was a single tweet that was dubunked by people that closely follow the KHL as the tweet didn't even get the team right.

There was a dude on reddit who essentially translated the comment the tweet was going off and it said something along the line of "we would like Nichuskin if he doesn't sign with Dallas."

That is a pretty reasonable statement if you ask me that any KHL team would say about any player they hold the rights of

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX

Wotherspoon + Klimchuk.

I dunno. Shoot

Cant see the Stars being interested in trading Nichushkin for someone who would at best be their 3rd best defensive prospect(Andersson or Kylington).

I dont have an issue moving him in the right deal, but it would only make sense for the Stars if its in a package for a top pairing type LHD. And we know Calgary isnt going to trade one of those.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Why would we downgrade Nuke for more assets? We have a pretty ridiculous amount of prospects. We need high-end ones.

Would you move Bennett for Dickinson + Guryanov? That's basically what those proposals are like to Dallas fans.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Would rather keep Kylington and Andersson..

Me too. You take on problems for your problems. If we still had Sven that would be a trade that makes sense. You don't trade prospects that are in your long term plans for a guy who is a project.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Didn’t he just sign a new contract with the Stars and announce his return to the team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad