Recalled/Assigned: Nic Petan assigned to the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Not to defend the decision but in 6 games Petan has squadoosh

Agree, Petan has done nothing so far this year. He has been virtually invisible during his games this year. Regarding the bottom 6, I'm really at the point of accepting that this is what type of lines we are running, and every player better make the most of their time there.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Not to defend the decision but in 6 games Petan has squadoosh

How is that any different from anybody else in the bottom six? They've all done f*** all 5v5. Maurice is making the bottom 6 worse. Dano and Armia were the extra skaters last practice. Petan down to the Moose. The bottom 6 is filled with role players and ineffectual grinders. This is a huge problem.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
If the Jets are to have two fourth lines, Petan won't be on the team. Given the coach strategy, right move. Given my hopes for the team.... Neutral. I like Petan, but he just doesn't contribute, even on PP.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Petan hasn't done a lot admittedly, but I remain convinced that as long as this team is built in the mode Maurice wants, they're going nowhere.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
How is that any different from anybody else in the bottom six? They've all done **** all 5v5. Maurice is making the bottom 6 worse. Dano and Armia were the extra skaters last practice. Petan down to the Moose. The bottom 6 is filled with role players and ineffectual grinders. This is a huge problem.

Given equivalent levels of ineffectiveness, you send down the guy that is waiver exempt.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
As I said in the GDT I am fine with this. Outside of PP time I have noticed Tanev a lot more than Petan so far this year. Lemieux brings similar speed and more grit and grinding, I am fine with him getting a shot to show something. I don't expect to be impressed with Hendricks but he should at least get a shot to show what he can bring.

Let Petan hopefully get some confidence with the moose, if no one in the bottom 6 steps up or someone gets hurt he will be back and hopefully better for it.

Reactions: ERYX

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I don't see why anyone it outraged by this.

How come when Matthias or Lowry (playing on bottom 6) don't score they're "stone hands" and don't belong in the NHL. But when Petan playing with a mix of Dano/Copp/Armia/Matthias doesn't score it's all the coach's fault?

I think playing big minutes in the AHL is better for Petan at this point, hopefully he rediscovers his scoring touch and when inevitable further injuries come he returns and gives the coaches no excuses to send him down.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You’ve noticed Tanev more because he skates fast and fits the typical bottom 6 better because of his skill set, or lack there of. Petan hasn’t contributed but he hasn’t been put in a situation that could allow to succeed. He’s only been put in situations that would force him to change his game. In other words, he’s been forced to play to his weaknesses.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
How is that any different from anybody else in the bottom six? They've all done **** all 5v5. Maurice is making the bottom 6 worse. Dano and Armia were the extra skaters last practice. Petan down to the Moose. The bottom 6 is filled with role players and ineffectual grinders. This is a huge problem.

Petan can pass through waivers. Lemieux is the only other one that can. You could make the argument that he is the one that should be sent down. I think there is a chance Armia or Dano get claimed. You could send Tanev through but I don't think his play warrants a demotion.

Reactions: RustyCat

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Petan can pass through waivers. Lemieux is the only other one that can. You could make the argument that he is the one that should be sent down. I think there is a chance Armia or Dano get claimed. You could send Tanev through but I don't think his play warrants a demotion.

They could have sent Poolman down as well

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
Typical horrible PoMo decision. Keep his bottom 6 nice and full of "intagibles, grit, veterans who know how to play the game".

I thought the goal was to help the bottom 6 with scoring? Hendricks is a plug even Edmonton couldn't or wouldn't use.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't think it's really a big deal here with Petan. We have not lost him, and playing a lot more minutes is likely what he needs. I still think Petan is a talented guy, and just needs to mature, and develop his game with "men." I'd like to see Petan show more intensity and grit when he plays for the Jets.

He has great hands, and scoring touch, as evidenced by his numbers in Junior, but he really seems to lack confidence. He'll eventually come along I hope - I like him

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's hard to take because I'm in the camp that feels like Petan still has a lot to give, and can be a contributor in an offensive role. With a more offensive 3C, or at least a 2-way 3C, Petan might really find his stride alongside a guy like that and Perreault.

With the players we have for the bottom 6, and PoMo's usage of them, it might be better in the short terms for Petan to get his offensive game going in the AHL again.

This is a big year for Petan, Dano, Copp, and Armia, and the Jets will need to know how they fit into their future plans as all will require waivers next year.

Reactions: Justin17L and GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad