Recalled/Assigned: Nic Petan assigned to the Moose (AHL)

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I have no issue with this, it's why we wanted the farm team here. I hope he can work some magic in the A.

I wonder who gets called up?

Jimmy Hoots

Oct 10, 2013
Dude never had a chance. Fortunately, he'll likely get it on the Moose. Does he immediately become the 1C there?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I'd like to see Lipon get the call, see what type of game he can bring to our 4th line.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Interesting! I wonder if they're making room for a big trade. :)

In a way I feel bad for the guy, but it's for the best. He was never utilized properly and needs to be able to play. Looking forward to seeing him play on Sunday!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's the correct decision.as he isn't quite ready yet. He'll get a chance to play big minutes in offensive situations.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Peluso's strong play made Petan expendable for the Jets (ducks for cover....)

jetman

May 21, 2015
Peluso's strong play made Petan expendable for the Jets (ducks for cover....)

You're not wrong. The last few games have been the best hockey we have ever seen Peluso play. When the rest of the team was playing close to their worst no less...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I have no issue with this, it's why we wanted the farm team here. I hope he can work some magic in the A.

I wonder who gets called up?

Since both teams are at home, maybe nobody right now.

Tinfoil hat: extra roster spot allows for a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade with the Isles

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Sucks that we will have to watch Peluso nightly now (unless a trade goes through)

But will certainly be good for his game.

Derfel*

This is the right move - he gets better ice time there, helps the Moose get out of their rut (maybe), and frees up a roster spot for the blockbuster trade coming later today.

Sucks that we will have to watch Peluso nightly now (unless a trade goes through)

Oh I don't know - watching Peluso take care of Sbisa last night was pretty entertaining... !

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
I get the feeling Petan will realize his potential with another team. He's neither big nor a thug and under Maurice and his 1990s OHL coaching approach, that's who gets rewarded. There are plenty of other 19-20 year olds either on better teams than the Jets or with less skill playing more in the NHL than Petan ever did. Reminds me of Jets 1.0 when they buried Kris Draper and Stu Barnes in favour of big unskilled sloths, how did that turn out for the Jets. And a bad message when they anoint Ehlers (similar skill level) and Copp (nowhere close) with starting jobs. Oh well, he should have had a fair assessment but never did and that's a bad sign.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
This is good news. Hope he plays with Armia and gets him scoring again. This isn't only good for Petan's development but potentially also Armia if they play together.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Love it, hopefully he doesn't take it to heart as he's doing bad. He just wasn't fit for a 4th line grinder winger role. Hopefully he tears it up as the #1 or #2 C there. Then when he's ready, he can come up and challenge for a center spot.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->