Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
Funny story actually.
His advisors told the IceDogs he'd report if they took him, but, he thought it would be in the first or second round. He got PO'd that he dropped to the 3rd and told them on draft day he wasn't coming. Over the last couple weeks there has been discussion between the parties and a lot of speculation (in other words no facts) that he will skip next season because the IceDogs don't have much room at forward next year and report the year after. My guess is he's in Niagara after the NHL draft.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Funny story actually.
His advisors told the IceDogs he'd report if they took him, but, he thought it would be in the first or second round. He got PO'd that he dropped to the 3rd and told them on draft day he wasn't coming. Over the last couple weeks there has been discussion between the parties and a lot of speculation (in other words no facts) that he will skip next season because the IceDogs don't have much room at forward next year and report the year after. My guess is he's in Niagara after the NHL draft.

Certainly would be a weird decision to not come to Niagara next year when they’re good only to come the following year when they’re rebuilding. Unless he comes asking NIA to trade him

dogfan

Jun 16, 2009
Not that weird or unusual really.
I understand how good he is but next year he is maybe a 4th line player, possibly a 13th forward some nights (depending on what the IceDogs pick up in trade in the offseason). Some kids feel their best choice is to play at somewhere where they are getting a lot of ice time and in all situations. There are some that feel its best for them to get to the OHL as soon as possible and practice with the high level players. I guess it depends on the player. Anthony DiFruscia did the same thing a few years ago. he was drafted in 2011 in the second round. Went to prep school that year and the IceDogs went onto the OHL Final.
As I said, I know what happened in and around draft day but after that it's a lot of this is hearsay, as you said, he may never play here he may show up in September.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Funny story actually.
His advisors shouldn't have told him that the Ice Dogs would pick him in the first or second round because the Ice Dogs did not have a second round pick. They picked him with the first pick of the third round which is as close to the second round as possible for the Ice Dogs.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
His advisors shouldn't have told him that the Ice Dogs would pick him in the first or second round because the Ice Dogs did not have a second round pick. They picked him with the first pick of the third round which is as close to the second round as possible for the Ice Dogs.

I bet he shows up in the OHL to play for a winning team rather than one that finished last year in the basement.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
He got his wish in the OHL as well...selected by the Ice Dogs with one of their first two picks...it just happened to be the first pick in the Third round...he may well sign with Niagara.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
He got his wish in the OHL as well...selected by the Ice Dogs with one of their first two picks...it just happened to be the first pick in the Third round...he may well sign with Niagara.
The IceDogs fan site is reporting that he didn't show up for new player orientation, so he may well continue to snub Niagara.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

You'd think the USHL team would've done their homework and not take someone 1st overall who was going to a different league

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
You'd think the USHL team would've done their homework and not take someone 1st overall who was going to a different league
The opposite could also be said, why would an OHL team not do their homework and use their second pick to select someone who won't show up...just saying.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The opposite could also be said, why would an OHL team not do their homework and use their second pick to select someone who won't show up...just saying.

Not really. The 1st overall pick isn't something you take a flyer on. People take flyers in the 3rd round all the time

Reactions: TheCoach

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Langdon and Lochleed left the Dogs for Western now we need two over agers I heard rumblings of Timms from thePetes now that it looks he might comeback to the O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad