Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
All I could hear on tv were Ice Dog chants, some of which were eventually drowned out by Gens chants. It sounded like there were many more Dogs fans than 150-200 you say and if your stat is correct, Gens fans were quiet and were sitting on their hands.
Nothing like playing an away game and taking the fans out of the game.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
All I could hear on tv were Ice Dog chants, some of which were eventually drowned out by Gens chants. It sounded like there were many more Dogs fans than 150-200 you say and if your stat is correct, Gens fans were quiet and were sitting on their hands.
Nothing like playing an away game and taking the fans out of the game.
Ice dog fans were the majority in one section in one corner to the left of the cameras. However, they were much louder than the gens fans relative to the difference in numbers. At the beginning of the game was when the gens fans were drowning out the ice dogs fans but once niagara took control in the 3rd is when the niagara fans got loud. There weren't a ton of niagara fans but they were loud to be fair

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
IceDogs win! Now they hope for Barrie to beat Missy--as Hamilton is the easiest route to a conference final for Niagara (IceDogs are 5-1 vs. the Bulldogs).

Reactions: three dog night

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
So just some advice for fans making the trip down to Hamilton for the playoffs. Parking around the arena has wild fluctuations in pricing. The lot directly across the arena on Bay for example is usually a ludicrous 20 bucks. Parking under Jackson Square is a bit more reasonable, usually 10-15. However, I've also had good experiences with the lots across from the library on York Blvd, the large lot on Wilson and John as well as Jackson and MacNab (although it is a small lot). Usually they go for $2.50-$7.00 depending on time and if they realize there is an event that day. Behind City Hall is also an option, but I believe it is a flat $7.50 most of the time.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
So just some advice for fans making the trip down to Hamilton for the playoffs. Parking around the arena has wild fluctuations in pricing. The lot directly across the arena on Bay for example is usually a ludicrous 20 bucks. Parking under Jackson Square is a bit more reasonable, usually 10-15. However, I've also had good experiences with the lots across from the library on York Blvd, the large lot on Wilson and John as well as Jackson and MacNab (although it is a small lot). Usually they go for $2.50-$7.00 depending on time and if they realize there is an event that day. Behind City Hall is also an option, but I believe it is a flat $7.50 most of the time.

Thanks for the advice Hammer. Looking forward to an entertaining series. Probably not much price fluctuation around the Meridian Centre. Most lots should stay in the $5 to $10 range.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs rally from four goals down in Hamilton only to loose 5 to 4 on a strange overtime winning goal only;2,691 on hand the Ice Dogs will try for the split Saturday night.

CujoR19

Apr 7, 2018
Niagara IceDogs select Lleyton Moore, 12th overall. Plays defence, left handed. Scouts say he is one of, if not the best skater for defensemen in the draft. Should fit in very nice on the defence core. I have a feeling this selection could lead to someone like Schafer getting moved in the off-season.

Reactions: the dog

CujoR19

Apr 7, 2018
This is a list of all our draftees today, will update as the day goes on.

RD 1 - #12 LD Lleyton Moore
RD 3 - #41 LW Stephen Halliday
RD 4 - #70 RW Jonah De Simone
RD 4 - #72 C Jake Uberti
RD 5 - #92 C Ethan Sims
RD 6 - #112 LD Mikael Bissonnette
RD 7 - #132 C Cameron Snow
RD 8 - #152 C Jacob Vreugdenhill
RD 9 - #172 RD Michael Craig
RD 10 - #192 G Joseph Tynan
RD 11 - #212 LW Kylar Watson
RD 12 - #232 RW Toby Rizzo
RD 14 - #269 RW William Laychur
RD 14 - #272 LD AJ Favot
RD 15 - #292 LW Josh MacPherson

Last edited:

CujoR19

Apr 7, 2018
Icedogs select Stephen Halliday in the 3rd Round, #41 overall. Described as a hard working winger with good hockey IQ and a quick shot. Put up great numbers with 36 goals and 83 points in 59 games this season. Also a Toronto Marlboro like our first selection Moore. Hopefully Halliday could be an impact player on the left side next year as the Icedogs will be losing both Corneil and Militec.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Icedogs select Stephen Halliday in the 3rd Round, #41 overall. Described as a hard working winger with good hockey IQ and a quick shot. Put up great numbers with 36 goals and 83 points in 59 games this season. Also a Toronto Marlboro like our first selection Moore. Hopefully Halliday could be an impact player on the left side next year as the Icedogs will be losing both Corneil and Militec.

Doubt he reports. Looking like a bust draft so far. Hopefully Niagara can find someone looking for an undersized D man when the trade window for 1st round 1st year picks opens. If next year is the go for it year, this could be dismal. Niagara now has 6 undersized D.

CujoR19

Apr 7, 2018
Doubt he reports. Looking like a bust draft so far. Hopefully Niagara can find someone looking for an undersized D man when the trade window for 1st round 1st year picks opens. If next year is the go for it year, this could be dismal. Niagara now has 6 undersized D.
Yeah I agree on the defence part, we need a bigger body back there, but what's your reasoning behind saying you don't think he will report? I don't know much about his background, just from what the OHL stream scouts were saying. Is he committed to a school already?

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah I agree on the defence part, we need a bigger body back there, but what's your reasoning behind saying you don't think he will report? I don't know much about his background, just from what the OHL stream scouts were saying. Is he committed to a school already?

Heard talk of NCAA discussions. Not currently committed anywhere from my understanding.

Reactions: CujoR19

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This is a list of all our draftees today, will update as the day goes on.

RD 1 - #12 LD Lleyton Moore
RD 3 - #41 LW Stephen Halliday
RD 4 - #70 RW Jonah De Simone
RD 4 - #72 C Jake Uberti
RD 5 - #92 C Ethan Sims
RD 6 - #112 LD Mikael Bissonnette
RD 7 - #132 C Cameron Snow
RD 8 - #152 C Jacob Vreugdenhill
RD 9 - #172 RD Michael Craig
RD 10 - #192 G Joseph Tynan
RD 11 - #212 LW Kylar Watson
RD 12 - #232 RW Toby Rizzo
RD 14 - #269 RW William Laychur
RD 14 - #272 LD AJ Favot
RD 15 - #292 LW Josh MacPherson
I think Moore is the best defenseman in the draft.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Hamilton rallied with two unanswered goals in the third to stun the Icedogs 3 to 2 before a packed house of 5,380 next game tomorrow night in Hamilton.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I guess they counted the empty net goal thoughtbthe buzzer went before it rolled in Fulcher kep Hamilton in this game thru two periods in my opinion Dhillion looked a bit off especially in the third period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad