NHLPA vs. WHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
As everyone knows, part of the reason for the upcoming lockout is the PA's refusal to accept a salary cap of any kind. Now there is all this talk of players maybe going to the WHA, where there is a salary cap of $15 million, much smaller than anything the NHL has proposed. If the players are really so adamant about not playing under a cap in the NHL why would they be willing to do so in the WHA? Do you think the NHLPA might try to stop players going to the WHA during a lockout for this reason? I've seen talk before of players going for a big contract, etc. because they owe it to their union, will there be the issue of refusing to play in the WHA for union? Or will the NHLPA encourage players to go to the WHA in the hopes that it takes off and the NHL becomes more willing to settle on certain issues for fear of losing their fan base?

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
If the NHL loses stars to the WHA, they will stop the (upcoming) lockout and agree to the players terms. Alot of the players that go to the WHA will want agreements so they can return to the NHL if the lockout ends.

The players don't care about the NHL. It's done so much for them, but they just instead want to whatever they can do to guarantee that they make as much money as possible, even if it kills Calgary, Edmonton, and other small franchises. They don't care about the fans in those cities (even though they claim they do), they don't care about what tearing hockey out of those cities would do to damage the desires of young people to take up the game. They just want money, and they will join the WHA to force the NHL to give it. It's disgusting.

It almost makes you want to see the NHL fold so the players get stuck under a $15 million dollar salary cap. I would laugh until I died if that happened. The selfish crusaders shooting themselves in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->