NHLPA should agree to a cap on a conditional 6 year trial basis

Discussion in 'The Business of Hockey' started by eye, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    The old expression nothing ventured nothing gained comes to mind. There is no possible way to measure or anticapate all the negatives and positives of what a cap system will bring. We do know that the old system wasn't working so what's wrong with agreeing to a cap on a conditional trial basis with the right to revert back to something similar to the old system if it becomes obvious that a cap system is wrong for the NHL.

Something has to be done soon because before this work stoppage I held most NHL players in high regard but the more players leave for other hockey jobs and the more players open their mouths these days to comment the more I am beginning to hate many players and I hate feeling that way so "BRING HOCKEY BACK NOW". CHELIOS IS A JERK AND DID NOTHING BUT HURT HOCKEY AND IT'S FANS WITH HIS COMMENTS YESTERDAY. :help: :help: :help:

2. Jobu

Jobu Registered User

Home Page:
    Who doesn't the NHL agree to a rollback, luxury taxes, two-way salary arbitration, and all of the other players' concessions on a 3-4 year trial basis before insisting on a cap? Surely there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.