NHLPA should agree to a cap on a conditional 6 year trial basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
The old expression nothing ventured nothing gained comes to mind. There is no possible way to measure or anticapate all the negatives and positives of what a cap system will bring. We do know that the old system wasn't working so what's wrong with agreeing to a cap on a conditional trial basis with the right to revert back to something similar to the old system if it becomes obvious that a cap system is wrong for the NHL.

Something has to be done soon because before this work stoppage I held most NHL players in high regard but the more players leave for other hockey jobs and the more players open their mouths these days to comment the more I am beginning to hate many players and I hate feeling that way so "BRING HOCKEY BACK NOW". CHELIOS IS A JERK AND DID NOTHING BUT HURT HOCKEY AND IT'S FANS WITH HIS COMMENTS YESTERDAY. :help: :help: :help:

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
eye said:
The old expression nothing ventured nothing gained comes to mind. There is no possible way to measure or anticapate all the negatives and positives of what a cap system will bring. We do know that the old system wasn't working so what's wrong with agreeing to a cap on a conditional trial basis with the right to revert back to something similar to the old system if it becomes obvious that a cap system is wrong for the NHL.

Something has to be done soon because before this work stoppage I held most NHL players in high regard but the more players leave for other hockey jobs and the more players open their mouths these days to comment the more I am beginning to hate many players and I hate feeling that way so "BRING HOCKEY BACK NOW". CHELIOS IS A JERK AND DID NOTHING BUT HURT HOCKEY AND IT'S FANS WITH HIS COMMENTS YESTERDAY. :help: :help: :help:

Who doesn't the NHL agree to a rollback, luxury taxes, two-way salary arbitration, and all of the other players' concessions on a 3-4 year trial basis before insisting on a cap? Surely there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->