NHLPA Polls - Leafs Coaches Rank Highly

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
NHLPA Player Poll 2017-18

Babcock ranked 4th among players for who they would like to play for

DJ Smith was ranked 1st among players for which NHL assistant coach they believe should be an NHL Head Coach.

Auston Matthews ranked 3rd among players for which player they’d start a team with

Leaf fans ranked 4th among players on who they believe (excluding their own) has the best fans

Mats Sundin was ranked 6th among players as their favorite player growing up

Patrick Marleau is ranked 5th among players on who the best role model in the league is

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

DJ Smith was ranked 1st among players for which NHL assistant coach they believe should be an NHL Head Coach.

Auston Matthews ranked 3rd among players for which player they’d start a team with

Leaf fans ranked 4th among players on who they believe (excluding their own) has the best fans

Because like 30%(Don't know the real number, but it's high) of the league is from Ontario dude and fans don't stop being fans when they play other teams. They play harder in front of friends and family when they know they are watching. It should be just a well known fact that this is the case.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Because like 30%(Don't know the real number, but it's high) of the league is from Ontario dude and fans don't stop being fans when they play other teams. They play harder in front of friends and family when they know they are watching. It should be just a well known fact that this is the case.

What?

Reactions: Lauro

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Preds have better fans?

yah the chicago one threw me too.
like. no matter how cranky etc Leafs Nation can be. the fact that there is always a huge section... i'm surprised that number was so low.

but this poll was interesting.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Mats Sundin was ranked 6th among players as their favorite player growing up

Patrick Marleau is ranked 5th among players on who the best role model in the league is

Cool, thanks for sharing this. Especially thrilled to read about Babcock, sick and tired of reading all this nonsense about how players don't want to play for the Leafs because of our big, bad coach. :laugh:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Cool, thanks for sharing this. Especially thrilled to read about Babcock, sick and tired of reading all this nonsense about how players don't want to play for the Leafs because of our big, bad coach. :laugh:
Like anyone really takes Mike Commodore seriously about negative comments towards Babcock. Even Chris Chelios should not be taken seriously because Babcock made him a healthy scratch a lot considering he was over 40 years old.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Yeah I guess at the actual games, Leaf fans can be very quiet
That's probably because a majority of Leaf fans can't afford tickets lol. Leaf fans are louder in certain away games than they are at the ACC although it's improved a little this season. I don't think the ACC will every be as loud on a regular basis as places like the Bell Centre and... well most other arenas.

Reactions: saffronleaf

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Canadian NHL Player Breakdown by Birth Province - QuantHockey.com

40% of all NHL hockey players are from Ontario. Most of which are Leafs fans. Most of those players are or were Leafs fans and would follow the leafs closer as players. Players speak to this often. They have a bias.

What is so hard to understand about what I said? I don't know. McDavid's favorite player to model himself after was Bozak, go figure. That's why you get a few extra Leafs ticks in the box from Ontario boys.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That's probably because a majority of Leaf fans can't afford tickets lol. Leaf fans are louder in certain away games than they are at the ACC although it's improved a little this season. I don't think the ACC will every be as loud on a regular basis as places like the Bell Centre and... well most other arenas.
Of course it wouldn't be nor should it be expected.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad