NHLPA Offical PC Thread: 4pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
This PC is making my inner desire to see the NHLPA broken grow more and more.

Good question by that fellow: Why did the NHLPA take so long to agree to a cap?

Another GREAT question from..The Army? He asked about the fans. Goodenow is toast on this.

GREED?! The NHLPA had to be dragged kicking and screaming before agreeing to a cap and it's because of getting fair value? Fair value my foot. Martin LaPointe getting $5.5 million/year isn't fair value in any sense of the term.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
mooseOAK said:
Blaming owners for salary escalation when the NHLPA helped orchestrate it by coordinating salary demands for players. One lie, right out of the box.

You can't on the one hand blame the owners for escalating salaries and then blame them on the other hand for trying to do something from stopping them from escalating so fast.

God I hate this guy.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Bob can throw feces anywhere he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that he failed to get the players he works for a deal. He LOST. And he is simply and sadly too bullheaded to admit defeat.

I think there's a good chance that a lot of the NHLPA rank and file are feeling let down by the people that bargained on their behalf.

Surely they can't be under the delusion that a better deal than what they turned down will be presented to them in 05/06? They can't be that utterly stupid, can they?

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
"If you want to talk about greed, maybe you should be talking to the other side" :lol come on, Bob.

'Where do you go from here, now that linkage will be on the table?'

Goodenow had a deer in the headlights look and stuttered his response, I love it :lol:

Mountain Dude

Dr Love said:
I'm amazed Goodenow can say half this crap with a straight face.

Word.

I couldn't stand listening to it, I had to turn it off.

I hate the players, unless you cross the line next year, you're just a ****er in my mind.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Digger12 said:
Surely they can't be under the delusion that a better deal than what they turned down will be presented to them in 05/06? They can't be that utterly stupid, can they?

Is that a rhetorical question?

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Nice. The frickin' press had to remind Bob about the fans. And even then, he offers a half hearted apology, and then distances himself from it.

Anthony*

i think bob just realized he screwed up by not apologizing in his opening remarks

bymer

Jan 16, 2005
NYC
Anthony said:
i think bob just realized he screwed up by not apologizing in his opening remarks

didn't do his homework

(note to self: review GB's speach next time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad