NHLPA Insane not to accept Offer!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcab2000

Mar 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Chayos1 said:
How can the owners ever consider a hard cap at 50 million. that would see the players able to leverage thier way into $1.5 billion in slaries which equates to over 70% of revenue. There is no way the owner will move past $45 million.

Only a small percentage of teams would ever reach a $50 million cap so it wouldn't even come close to 70%.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
MOEBEAGLE said:
You like most people confuse sports and entertainment like they type of companies you work for. NEWS flash you and the rest are WRONG AND WHEN WWILL YOU WAKE UP TO THAT FACT?

Sports salaries as well as those in the entertainment industry are based on ability and that includes their ability to make you pony up to see them proform. Is that to much for the mind to comprehend or is it something else?

Since you did not understand my original reply to you dumb statement, I will make it simple for you to grasp. You and others like you are grossly over paid for what you contribute to your company give back everything over 5 dollars an hour. You will still be overpaid but the company can then afford you and those like you. Understand ? You contribute nothing and that how it is. :banghead: :banghead:

Chill man. And lastly, sports salaries (and those in the ent. industry) and not based upon ability. You've got to be kidding. Are you saying that the earning power of Ashlee Simpson, Oprah, New Kids on the Block (and every other boyband) are all based upon their 'ABILITY'?

Their salaries are based upon someone (hockey owner for sports salaries, the media mogul for the entertainment industry, but both owner and mogul gets their monies from the fans) WILLING TO PAY. Its not based upon ability. Its based merely on someone who's willing to pay those salaries.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
jcab2000 said:
Only a small percentage of teams would ever reach a $50 million cap so it wouldn't even come close to 70%.
I guess you didn't get the
that would see the players able to leverage thier way
part of he wrote, if the cap is 50 it's easy for all 30 teams to be forced into "well the cap is 50 mil, and 20 teams pay their #1 center 7 mil, I want the same"

Mikko_Makela

Jan 20, 2005
MOEBEAGLE said:
You like most people confuse sports and entertainment like they type of companies you work for. NEWS flash you and the rest are WRONG AND WHEN WWILL YOU WAKE UP TO THAT FACT?

Sports salaries as well as those in the entertainment industry are based on ability and that includes their ability to make you pony up to see them proform. Is that to much for the mind to comprehend or is it something else?

Since you did not understand my original reply to you dumb statement, I will make it simple for you to grasp. You and others like you are grossly over paid for what you contribute to your company give back everything over 5 dollars an hour. You will still be overpaid but the company can then afford you and those like you. Understand ? You contribute nothing and that how it is. :banghead: :banghead:

Wow......YOU MUST BE AN NHL PLAYER........wake up pal......sports & entertainment is just the same as any other business........the exact salary you make is based upon your ability versus that of your peers......but the amount that you get is based upon revenues that are generated by the Team/Company. The amount of salary that is paid is not some number pulled out of the air....it is a derivitave of the money brought in by the team. By your comments you must be a player :dunce: , as you obviously do not understand how the business world works.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Don't See How It Is A True Partnership When It Does Not Spell Out The Revenues Included.

Also Expecting The Players To Acdept A 24% Roll Back On Top Of Cap Is Cynical On The Owners Part.

Fans Are Far Too Willing To Jump On Players And Seem Reluctant To Realize That Over-expansion (which Put Big Bucks In Owners Pockets) To Non-hockey Markets Is One Of The Big Factors In Decline In Overall Revenue. Now Over-expansion Is Being Used To Say Players Make Too Much. No Doubt Some Do But It Should Be Recognized That The Owners Were Just As Greedy And Just As Much A Part Of The Problem.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
MOEBEAGLE said:

How about improving the example you are trying to use.

You work for a company making $80,000 per year. Your company is losing a ton of money, and is going to go out of business. They ask you to take a pay-cut to $60,000 per year to ensure the company can survive. Your other option is to leave and go work for another company making $20,000 per year. What do you do?

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
MOEBEAGLE said:

:speechles :confused: :badidea:

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
orcatown said:
Don't See How It Is A True Partnership When It Does Not Spell Out The Revenues Included.

Also Expecting The Players To Acdept A 24% Roll Back On Top Of Cap Is Cynical On The Owners Part.

Fans Are Far Too Willing To Jump On Players And Seem Reluctant To Realize That Over-expansion (which Put Big Bucks In Owners Pockets) To Non-hockey Markets Is One Of The Big Factors In Decline In Overall Revenue. Now Over-expansion Is Being Used To Say Players Make Too Much. No Doubt Some Do But It Should Be Recognized That The Owners Were Just As Greedy And Just As Much A Part Of The Problem.

1. Any agreement between the NHL and the NHLPA will have to include a definition of revenues included. I would be highly surprised to find out they haven't been working on this behind closed doors.

2. No one expects the players to accept a 24% rollback on top of a cap. It is included so the owners have something to give up in negotiations.

3. The money from expansion and more transferred quickly from the owner's wallet to the players...many of whom would be toiling away in lower leagues for far less money had expansion not provided them with jobs.

4. It doesn't matter if the owners or the players are the more greedy.

Mikko_Makela

Jan 20, 2005
MOEBEAGLE said:
Young man get a brain and you will not be so confussed speechles and will understand things :yo:

MOEBEAGLE........being that there is a good chance that you will be unemployed in the very near future......this offers up a good chance for you to finally enroll in college......make sure you major in Business........so maybe in 4 years if your Union is still refusing a salary/revenue linkage you can have at least some understanding of how the business world works!!! :teach:

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
orcatown said:

Decline in overall revenues? I thought revenues were increasing? :dunno:

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Other Dave said:
It's a common fantasy on these boards, as in this thread for example.
We won't know until the final deal is annouced, but stuff like this is there to be negotiated. It lets both sides 'win' on some issues and save face. It is part of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->