NHL TV Ratings

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
Does anyone know where I can locate NHL and NYR television ratings online? I was told that the Rangers did a 1.8 in NYC on Sunday and wanted to see 1) if that information was accurate, and 2) how that compared to previous showings on NBC and local broadcasts for the NY/NJ teams.

Thanks.

Forechecker

Mar 12, 2004
addiesdad.tumblr.com
Does anyone know where I can locate NHL and NYR television ratings online? I was told that the Rangers did a 1.8 in NYC on Sunday and wanted to see 1) if that information was accurate, and 2) how that compared to previous showings on NBC and local broadcasts for the NY/NJ teams.

Thanks.

Yes, that number is accurate (I work in the business). Haven't seen any comparisons to last year, but I can't imagine it was much different. If anything, my bet is lower. The best the Rangers do, typically, is 1.5 to 2.0 household rating (rating is a % of all households with TVs). Without actually looking at the numbers side by side, my guess is the Giants probably do the best, since they are on only once per week, followed by the Yankees, Jets, Mets, Knicks/Nets, NYR, NJD, and NYI.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Zap2it.com

is what tv insiders use.

1.8 - wow that is pretty sad figure a primetime cable 10.0 is like 2 million veiwers.... Anything above an 8 in cable network is very good.

xDerekRx

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
NASCAR Ratings Top Rangers In N.Y. Market On Sunday
Red Wings Locally Beat Out
Pistons, Tigers and NFL Draft
Despite going into two overtimes, Game Three of the Sabres-Rangers Eastern Conference semifinals drew a 1.8 Nielsen rating in the N.Y. market on WNBC, compared to a 2.1 for WNYW-Fox’ coverage of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Aaron’s 499 and a 1.9 for WCBS’ coverage of the PGA Tour Byron Nelson Classic (NEWSDAY, 5/1).

MOTOR CITY MADNESS: The Red Wings earned a 9.1 on WDIV-NBC for Game Two against the Sharks on Saturday, topping the combined 7.6 for Pistons-Magic Game Four on WMYD-MYT and TNT, a 5.4 for ESPN’s coverage of the NFL Draft and a 2.8 for Twins-Tigers on FSN Detroit. The Red Wings are averaging a 9.0 on FSN during the postseason, up from a regular-season average of 3.6, but those numbers are down from a 9.3 and 4.7, for the playoffs and regular season, respectively, during the ’05-06 season. The Pistons on WMYD are also down, averaging a 10.2 through three playoff games compared to a 13.9 at the same point last year. The Tigers on FSN Detroit, however, are up 66% from ‘06, with a 5.8 compared to a 3.5 (DETROIT FREE PRESS, 5/1).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->