Is WAS - STL nationally televised? It’s backed out but I am out of market

EDIT: Nevermind

NHL-N

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I SO miss the local Buffalo ads I got with Center Ice. With NHL.tv I see the same stupid G-Ade/Best Western/Chase Little Doggie/Jager ad again...plus those horrible Geico ads. Yuck.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
No complaints at all with the service . Last year , NHL tv was pretty well unwatchable on less than ideal internet connections ( like at work ) but this year it works fine . I fully intend to purchase again next year.

This is my first year using the service and I'm pleased with the quality of the streams and the reliability of the service (at least in my experience)... I also intend to purchase again next year...

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Yeah, been good the last couple of seasons. No blackouts, either, at least around here, not even in the play-offs – knock-on-wood. And there used to be a ****-load of blackouts previously.

The addition of the rewind and fast-forward buttons in the NHL apps on iOS and Android has been a huge improvement. (Allows you to skip commercials easily.) I'd welcome a 10-second rewind button instead of the 30 seconds we have, but I can live with it.

A huge addition in the mobile apps has been the option to join a game in progress either live or from game start. Essential functionality.

I also love that the pre-game and post-game shows are available in live feeds. Too bad they get cut away from archived feeds.

arrows19

Mar 31, 2018
QLD, Australia
I also love that the pre-game and post-game shows are available in live feeds. Too bad they get cut away from archived feeds.
How do you watch the post-game show? Pretty much as soon as the players are off the ice mine cuts to the 'THIS GAME HAS ENDED' graphic.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
How do you watch the post-game show? Pretty much as soon as the players are off the ice mine cuts to the 'THIS GAME HAS ENDED' graphic.

It’s not every game. I think teams that are on a Fox Sports network have the shows. Don’t know about others.

Right. I'm a Kings fan and the post-game shows may only be available on Fox Sports West/other local broadcasts, and only in live or delayed live mode, not from the archive.

When we're unfortunate enough and a Kings game is shown on NBCSN, there's usually no post-game show, but then, I wouldn't be quite as interested in it. Roenick, Milbury et al are buffoons compared to Sean O'Donnell. At least Jim Fox has been hired as color commentator by NBCSN.

I may be mistaken, but the post-game shows may also be available for Canadian broadcasts (Sportsnet, TSN). I only watch those during play-offs after the Kings are eliminated.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
f*** NHL.tv. Can't believe they still can't figure this out. Who gives a f*** about the fans? Not them. We keep the money coming, they keep giving us a crap product year after year

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
If I bought the regular season package (billed and paid for in full one time, not the monthly payment plan they offer), do I have to buy a new package for the post-season? I seem to recall I had to do that last year. I live in Asia, so when I wake up early to watch the playoff games I would prefer to just click right into it and watch, rather than find out I need to sign up for a whole other thing. So I am looking now and can't seem to figure out from the NHL.TV website what to do.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So espn+ is going to include 1 NHL game per day. That’s not going to count towards blackout restrictions for Game Center/center ice, is it?

Reactions: CPTN71

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
I stream a lot of sports and it is so revolting to me that NBC live extra places an ad before the steam starts causing you to miss 30 seconds of live action. No other sports app does that. There are designated time in hockey for comerscials and for those greedy bastards to shoehorn another ad at the expensive of live content is inexcusable in my opinion.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Same shit every playoffs...

I love watching the condensed highlights without knowing the score. Tie game.

If the game is ended in the 1st overtime, the overlay is just "Overtime". If it has multiple overtimes it says "1st Overtime". Why? Just name it always "1st Overtime" to minimize the spoilers.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
It is the Rogers/NHL streaming server to be sure. I watch on my PS4 and it seems to be quite good, but I know where there is either a goal or a save because they are also recording, and then they push out the highlight, which bogs down the stream.

I might complain about this.

ScaryButtman

May 15, 2018
Vancouver
Is anyone else super annoyed by how the NHL plays the same 6 goddamn ads OVER AND OVER AND OVER again? Come on, guys! Go sell some ad space for your commercial breaks for F-- sakes! If I have to hear Hervana one more time I'm gonna snap (I'm not sure if that's a regional ad or not but if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's as bad as it sounds).

Reactions: La Grosse Tendresse

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Hey guys, so ever since they went to Rogers Centre ice, nhl.tv does not work in Canada. I don't know about the states, but if Canadians log into rogers centre ice, it will work just fine.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So espn+ is going to include 1 NHL game per day. That’s not going to count towards blackout restrictions for Game Center/center ice, is it?
Great question.

And I think for the overall price we should have access to NHL Network..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->