NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I'm just a little confused at that response. If I was able to watch a Leafs regional game on the NHL app wouldn't it also be blacked out as you said?
The blackout involves TV broadcasts, not Internet streaming. Here in Michigan, NHL.tv blacks out any national games on NBC, NBC Sports or the NHL Network, plus any Red Wings games, since those are all shown on the local Fox Sports Detroit channel.

However, games shown on CBC are not blacked out, even though we are able to watch the Canadian network locally via the affiliate across the river in Windsor.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I have 75down/8up internet here in Greece. The quality on my PS4 Pro sucks, and every so often, the game will go back a few seconds on its own. It’s ridiculous that the service is so bad.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
About a month ago I subscribed to NHL.tv service for the first time, and took advantage of the reduced pricing for the remainder of the season... So far the service has been working really good for me... I understand this is only for the regular season...

So my question is - what options do we have for the Playoffs? Does NHL.tv offer a separate subscription for playoff games? Or are we S.O.L.???

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
About a month ago I subscribed to NHL.tv service for the first time, and took advantage of the reduced pricing for the remainder of the season... So far the service has been working really good for me... I understand this is only for the regular season...

So my question is - what options do we have for the Playoffs? Does NHL.tv offer a separate subscription for playoff games? Or are we S.O.L.???

NHL tv doesn't do the playoff games unfortunately and there is no extra service you can get, at least there never has been in years past

On the other hand most of the games are on NBCSN which has a streaming service, but this requires you to also have a cable account that gets the NBC channels

If you don't have cable, I suggest you buy a 6 pack of beer for a friend that does, in exchange for his account info

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I thought it would be fun to watch some of the more interesting games down the stretch heading into the playoffs... so I signed up for one month.

I have 100down/10up internet connection and a brand new 1200$ laptop with lots of horsepower and a good graphics card. All the other streaming services I'm signed up to work very well on my computer. (Netflix, DAZN, Sportsnet, Youtube).

Watched 3 games and the video is very choppy. I did everything the help menu suggested to improve performance still nothing. Cancelled last night. What a piece of crap this NHL.TV is.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I thought it would be fun to watch some of the more interesting games down the stretch heading into the playoffs... so I signed up for one month.

I have 100down/10up internet connection and a brand new 1200$ laptop with lots of horsepower and a good graphics card. All the other streaming services I'm signed up to work very well on my computer. (Netflix, DAZN, Sportsnet, Youtube).

Watched 3 games and the video is very choppy. I did everything the help menu suggested to improve performance still nothing. Cancelled last night. What a piece of crap this NHL.TV is.

I hear you. I'm far away in Korea, BUT, we've got great Internet speeds and, like you, I've got a good system, but, lately the streams are going in and out of focus, like it's switching back and forth constantly from low quality 1200 kbps to 4000 to 6000 (don't know it is exactly) but it feel like that, so the stream will be out of focus for a while.

When and if you contact customer service, it's pretty much always the same, they just keep asking irrelevant questions like what game are you trying to watch and what device are you watching on. That really bugs me!

Back in December, suddenly all of the games became pretty much unwatcheable and they were suggesting I just reroute my router and some stuff that was technically quite challenging for me. In the end, it started working again, and I'm 98% certain that I did NOTHING on my end. It just started working - my personal feeling is they had too many files and too much data stored in one place or server and not enough networks to handle the traffic in and out but I don't understand computer stuff well enough to even talk about it.

Anyways, when it works - which to be fair is most of the time, it's pretty good. And, it's about the best thing I've got here in Korea.

I used to have family living up there in GP and I'd visited them - a few years back.

Good luck with whatever you find works for you.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I hear you. I'm far away in Korea, BUT, we've got great Internet speeds and, like you, I've got a good system, but, lately the streams are going in and out of focus, like it's switching back and forth constantly from low quality 1200 kbps to 4000 to 6000 (don't know it is exactly) but it feel like that, so the stream will be out of focus for a while.

When and if you contact customer service, it's pretty much always the same, they just keep asking irrelevant questions like what game are you trying to watch and what device are you watching on. That really bugs me!

Back in December, suddenly all of the games became pretty much unwatcheable and they were suggesting I just reroute my router and some stuff that was technically quite challenging for me. In the end, it started working again, and I'm 98% certain that I did NOTHING on my end. It just started working - my personal feeling is they had too many files and too much data stored in one place or server and not enough networks to handle the traffic in and out but I don't understand computer stuff well enough to even talk about it.

Anyways, when it works - which to be fair is most of the time, it's pretty good. And, it's about the best thing I've got here in Korea.

I used to have family living up there in GP and I'd visited them - a few years back.

Good luck with whatever you find works for you.

I hear ya!

If I had spent the money on a full season package I would have waited longer and hoped it got better. However, for a 30 day commitment I'm not interested in waiting it out and getting unwatchable or barely watchable streams in the meantime. Might as well take the refund and watch something else. :(

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
No complaints at all with the service . Last year , NHL tv was pretty well unwatchable on less than ideal internet connections ( like at work ) but this year it works fine . I fully intend to purchase again next year .

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Live in Canada and travelling to Scotland and Ireland mid April for a month. I'm looking at buying the package for a month to follow the playoffs. Is there any issue in using this package if not in Canada?

I subscribe to Shaw free range which doesn't have allow usage outside Canada so that why I am asking....

slapshot1959

Mar 5, 2013
Just to revisit the playoff situation, does the app have the games but they’re blacked out or they don’t have the game at all?
If they don’t have the game do they do the replays of said games?

I had the service last year but never bothered to check since I had cable and my team got blown out in the first round so I didn’t care, lol.
This year said unnamed team (cough,CBH) isn’t even in the playoffs but still want to watch others since dropping cable and going to streaming only.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
The games aren't blacked out if you are outside NA. At least in Australia, I know that NHL.tv does not black out any games and it broadcasts all the playoff games.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
I just purchased the nhl.tv end of season plan - $14.99 all access, but when I log in it says I don't have an account. Anyone know what's up. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad