NHL to Seattle Volume XIV - Seattle sells 26,000 season ticket deposits in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
As a fan and potential Seattle hockey customer, Key Arena better make it easy for me to get in and out regardless of how fancy the interior is.

They won't but will say they did. Getting to that area of the city will always be an issue and then there is parking. Not going to change imo!!!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That is awesome. So another team to the Pacific division again i see. Exciting times.

In before Bettman tells refs to not penalize the team.

It makes me excited , but still sad for trams like the Coyotes.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
They won't but will say they did. Getting to that area of the city will always be an issue and then there is parking. Not going to change imo!!!

Per sepa laws they are going to have to mitigate both getting to and from and parking.

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA

Toronto radio alert: Daniels is scheduled to be on Sportsnet 590 the FAN at 11:30am ET this morning likely discussing these developments from yesterday. I'd anticipate btw another Canadian radio tour for CD5 over the next couple of days, so all of you up north should keep checking here if he'll be on your city's air at some point regarding the news from yesterday.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Some possible details on the season ticket drive

Seattle hockey group to announce season tickets sales

To Quote
"The prospective ownership group for a Seattle hockey franchise is set to announce season ticket sales, likely on March 1, National Hockey League sources said Tuesday.

The ownership group, led by Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer and finance billionaire David Bonderman, is expected to seek deposits for approximately 14,000 tickets. The move, which still does not lock down a new professional hockey franchise, is designed to prove both market capacity and fan interest for a new major league sports franchise."

Who's got their credit card ready? :thumbu:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It is rumored that the NHL group is adding a major Seattle investor. My thought is if they could add a local major investor why couldn't hansen?

IMO i still see the whole expansion nothing more than a formality. They aren't going to say no to 650m dollars nor will they actually say no to the market.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
It is rumored that the NHL group is adding a major Seattle investor. My thought is if they could add a local major investor why couldn't hansen?

IMO i still see the whole expansion nothing more than a formality. They aren't going to say no to 650m dollars nor will they actually say no to the market.

Hansen isn't really local, he lives in the Bay Area. Plus he is not really interested in the NHL or Hockey.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hansen isn't really local, he lives in the Bay Area. Plus he is not really interested in the NHL or Hockey.
Hansen might be living in the Bay Area but he's from Seattle. He went to Roosevelt High school in North Seattle.

can't wait for the March 1st details on season tickets

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
I say this with all respect to our admins, and love for this site:

could we just have a little sub-forum on realignment?

It seems like EVERY topic gets people going down that path -- because a lot of people really enjoy those conversations. It might help keep the rest of the topics clear of that aspect of expansion the next few years.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I say this with all respect to our admins, and love for this site:

could we just have a little sub-forum on realignment?

It seems like EVERY topic gets people going down that path -- because a lot of people really enjoy those conversations. It might help keep the rest of the topics clear of that aspect of expansion the next few years.
We've managed to skirt it fairly well lately here, though there's a thread on the main board right now.

I'd have no issue with a realignment thread if it's needed.

DougMellon

Feb 15, 2018
SBnation
Leiweke did say he didn't want to get ahead of the league's process.

110%. He knows this business and process very well. The project is a show of force for OVG's capabilities and they will do everything possible to keep things on track. It's a done deal and they have nothing to lose at this point by pushing anything faster than needed. With that said, the willingness of the BOG to move this through has been very pleasant and will maybe see an expedited announcement from the league... time will tell. People can't get ahead of themselves with this.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
It will be great to finally have an NHL team in the Pacific Northwest and the possible rivalry that might develop between Seattle and Vancouver. In regards to a name, I think they should widen the options being suggested or allow fans to submit their own as there might be a good one that isn't currently on the list. I do hope the name chosen ends with an 's' instead of one like Kraken (no offense intended to those of you that support that name). I was just never a fan of names like Wild, Avalanche or Lightning. Hopefully they also don't go with Seals or Whales since Seals was a name from the past and Whales is too close to Whalers. Even though it currently seems unlikely that Hartford will regain an NHL franchise, they should be allowed to remain hopeful and bring back the Whalers name if they are permitted by Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon or the NHL.

:jets

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Red Wings' Ken Holland among possible Seattle GM candidates - Sportsnet.ca

Names for Seattle's GM is being tossed around.

Red wing’s GM Ken Holland contract expires end of season is one. John Ferguson Jr boston’s player personnel director is another and Pittsburgh assist GM Bill Guerin is another.
Assuming the process is the same, Seattle’s got a lot of time to figure it out and some of these guys might not be around when it’s time.

GMGM was hired 3-4 weeks after the official announcement of a Las Vegas expansion team, which itself came a year plus after the ticket drive.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Some interesting names there for sure. Think Hollands ends up retiring, not sure Ferguson gets another GM job. Will be interesting to see the pieces come together for Seattle.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA
Red Wings' Ken Holland among possible Seattle GM candidates - Sportsnet.ca

Names for Seattle's GM is being tossed around.

Red wing’s GM Ken Holland contract expires end of season is one. John Ferguson Jr boston’s player personnel director is another and Pittsburgh assist GM Bill Guerin is another.

Saw this discussion last night on HNIC and while I think that the Holland name will certainly bring a lot of praise from people around the region who know and understand the game because of his previous success (not recent, of course) in Detroit, I'd have to think they'll look to find someone a bit younger to handle that role.

That all said, it almost seems like people are getting a bit ahead of themselves here. Let's get the franchise officially awarded first then we can talk about who should get the chance to do what when this board officially gives us a team thread.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Holland said he'd retire when Yzerman did. He's still there.

He's now 62. (McPhee is three years younger)

At least another year before franchise announced and team "needs" to hire a GM. Who knows which candidates will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad