NHL to Seattle Volume XIV - Seattle sells 26,000 season ticket deposits in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I think its good to get the fans start to think about the Expansion Draft and get excited for the team, I see no fault in that.

There is no fault in that but people being people soon you will see full potential line ups posted by someone...3 years in advance.
Lets not forget that the 31 other teams also learned a lesson from Vegas expansion.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
There is no fault in that but people being people soon you will see full potential line ups posted by someone...3 years in advance.
Lets not forget that the 31 other teams also learned a lesson from Vegas expansion.

Absolutely true but to look at the rules of the draft is informative in itself. One thing I wasn't aware of is the rule about a defenseman having to be exposed that has played over 70 games over a certain time frame and the same for a couple forwards. I think I read that right.

If true than that ties exposing teams hands somewhat.

'At a minimum teams must expose the following:
  1. One defenseman who has played at least 40 games in the previous season or 70 games in the previous two seasons. In addition, for obvious reasons, the player must be under contract for the upcoming season.
  2. Two forwards with the same requirements as above.
  3. One goaltender. The goaltender has no minimum game requirements and does not need to be under contract for the upcoming season after the expansion draft. The only hard requirement is the goaltender must be a restricted free agent who has received a qualifying offer from his original club prior to the club submitting their protected list to the league.'

Last edited:
Reactions: superdeluxe

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Good point.

Doing it now, hopefully it meets everyone's expectations.

(dont expect anything clever.)

I was thinking Application in (its about time) or something given the whole lack of expansion application being turned in by 3 groups a couple years ago.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I was thinking Application in (its about time) or something given the whole lack of expansion application being turned in by 3 groups a couple years ago.
We're looking forward, never backwards.

It's still insane to me that this is happening at Key.

Reactions: Killion

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
We're looking forward, never backwards.

It's still insane to me that this is happening at Key.

Adam Silver NBA commissioner a couple years ago made a comment about a key arena remodel saying to the like of put enough money into it and you make a brand new building.

People can complain all they want about the key arena but location was never a problem for the NBA and NHL. It was always about the building. Key arena (95 renovations) was just too darn small for the NHL (Intentionally and too small to be a long term viable arena for the NBA.

$650m later and basically doubling the footprint of the build and you take care of both the leagues' problem. The leagues aren't going to say no to that.

Reactions: cptjeff

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Adam Silver NBA commissioner a couple years ago made a comment about a key arena remodel saying to the like of put enough money into it and you make a brand new building.
It's still on Mercer, right?

Where you can't park anywhere or really get to?

Either way, I'm sure they'll do it right. Hopefully Metro and Sound Transit are ready.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It's still on Mercer, right?

Where you can't park anywhere or really get to?

Either way, I'm sure they'll do it right. Hopefully Metro and Sound Transit are ready.

Some ideas being floated around like shuttle from various park and rides to Seattle Center.

I am just saying the location wasn't the reason why we never got the NHL and why the NBA left. People claim that the NBA will never return to Key arena. It was always about the building. OVG put 650m into remodeling it and its looking basically like a brand arena under current shell.

Reactions: Killion

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Some ideas being floated around like shuttle from various park and rides to Seattle Center.

I am just saying the location wasn't the reason why we never got the NHL and why the NBA left. People claim that the NBA will never return to Key arena. It was always about the building. OVG put 650m into remodeling it and its looking basically like a brand arena under current shell.
As a fan and potential Seattle hockey customer, Key Arena better make it easy for me to get in and out regardless of how fancy the interior is.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
We wouldn't be in this traffic mess if people weren't so anti mass transit in the 60's/70's
More anti-transit infrastructure in general.

If they were more pro-transit, you'd have an expressway along the lakeshore. There's positives and negatives.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Well. I am happy for this. Coming from MN and then having two teams that I can love?

Oh, and this city will have GREAT fans that pack the arena...and $15 dollar beers.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
More anti-transit infrastructure in general.

If they were more pro-transit, you'd have an expressway along the lakeshore. There's positives and negatives.

I-5 is a mess in Seattle cause they thought it would be a good idea to put the convention center above I-5 reducing it by 2 lanes.

So its always a mess going from 5 to 3 lanes then back to 5.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Once approved, they should release the name and logo immediately and start selling merchandise immedately.

My guess is there won't be much movement toward nickname/logo until after (semi) successful ticket drive.

Obviously, once they can sell merchandise it'll help with income. (Does HRR come into account to a pending franchise?)

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
My guess is there won't be much movement toward nickname/logo until after (semi) successful ticket drive.

Obviously, once they can sell merchandise it'll help with income. (Does HRR come into account to a pending franchise?)

I think we won't know about name and logo until after the franchise has been officially awarded. Leiweke did say he didn't want to get ahead of the league's process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->