NHL to Seattle/Bellevue: Plan or ploy?

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I wonder if there was a team if the fans in Vancouver would ever really see the Van/Sea games as a rivalry?

Vancouver sports fans are desperate for a true rivalry. That's why our arch rivals are always teams that don't view Vancouver as an arch rival. Case in point, Calgary. Calgary is currently our arch rival, but in Calgary were a distant second on the rivals list to Edmonton. Same thing in the CFL, Calgary and Edmonton are the closest teams, as such, no rivals for the Lions.

Can't wait for the Chilliwack Bruins to become a good team...

As for Omaha, I think it would be wise for the NHL to support moves to cities where they don't have to compete with other major pro sports teams.

Last edited:

Jazz

Vancouver sports fans are desperate for a true rivalry. That's why our arch rivals are always teams that don't view Vancouver as an arch rival. Case in point, Calgary. Calgary is currently our arch rival, but in Calgary were a distant second on the rivals list to Edmonton. Same thing in the CFL, Calgary and Edmonton are the closest teams, as such, no rivals for the Lions......
Echo that.

Vancouver fans would quickly embrace a rivalry with a team in Seattle.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Seattle could easily support NHL hockey. There are a ton of hockey fans in the Seattle area, and in the entire state of Washington in general.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
LOL, I wouldn't say people here are hockey Pejorative Slured, it's just that they don't care and that's probably because there is no team in the Northwest US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->