NHL to increase urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Top Shelf said:
I didn't take it as a team by team cap per se.. There will just be a range for which all teams have to stay within.

This won't gurantee the league that no more than 54% of salaries will be paid out but if the league can adjust the salary range, add in a luxury tax to further deter spending and link the salary cap range to revenues they could get pretty darn close to that 54% mark IMO- its not "air tight" but close.

..and I think at this point, with all the damage that has been done, this a framework that has to move these negotiations forward.
i got that too

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
If they do settle on 13 dates over the next three weeks, that's a pretty good meeting schedule. That's more than every other day, even including weekends (and more than 4 out of 5 days if weekends are excluded). A heck of a lot more meetings for us to read about than we've been used to.
YES!!!! I can't wait for all the extra "no signifigant progress" reports!!

Hockey_Nut99

Eklund said this right in the morning. Hours b4 the legit sites did.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Donnie D said:
Can I see those quotes? I have always thought that the team cap is the same as the NFL, each team has a cap that is based on overall revenues rather than the league.

They're right there in post #7.

No numbers mentioned, if you're looking to "confirm my post". I was being facetious (a bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad