NHL To have Brand New NBCSports.com Pregame Show

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Kudos to NBC for this idea, similar to what's done for Notre Dame football.

What will happen is, at 1:30 PM ET, 30 Minutes before The NHL On NBC debuts (BOS vs. NYR, PIT vs. PHI, LA vs. STL, 2PM ET) NBCSports.com will air a half-hour, broadband-only pregame show called "NHL On NBC Faceoff", which will originate from The Rink at 30 Rock in New York City, with studio host Bill Clement, and analysts Ray Ferraro and Brett Hull breaking down the upcoming action, in addition to reports from the game sites.

It's going to be very interesting. Again, good on NBC for the attempt. They will be doing this before every date they have coverage.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Still kind of disappointing they don't do the pregame show on the actual NBC station 30 minutes before the game, but its better than nothing I guess.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I think they did some intermission stuff from there last season, I remember they had Messier once. They talked about a youth hockey team he was involved in, did some demonstrations of something or other, it was pretty good.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Too bad the first weekend has to be competing against NFL playoff games- not great timing at all. Oh well, looks at least like they are trying at least somewhat to promote their games which can only be seen as a plus.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Playoffs don't start till 4. NBC starts at 2, in an attempt to draw people in and skip the first hour of the games.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Playoffs don't start till 4. NBC starts at 2, in an attempt to draw people in and skip the first hour of the games.

Not to sound real negative, but how many average Joe blows six-packs are going to miss the whole first hour of a football playoff game- not in the States anyway. We shall see- maybe there will be a little spillover.

danno2530

Aug 2, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
www.geocities.com
The Ravens/Colts game starts at 4:30. NHL games rarely go past 2 and a half hours nowadays so it's not going to matter. I'll be watching Rangers/Bruins and then turning over to the start of the football game once it's over.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Besides, Baltimore and Indy aren't NHL markets (Technically for BAL) so it won't be much extra audience to gain from either.

What would be a great idea would be to air it online and in the 6 markets the game is airing on, because fans who watch their FSN pregame or whatever would watch that too.

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Does anybody know what region what game is going to?

I'm near San Jose, so I assume I'm getting LA/St.Louis. Very unfortunate because I want to see my Pens.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I'm near San Jose, so I assume I'm getting LA/St.Louis. Very unfortunate because I want to see my Pens.

Center Ice is your friend

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
I reckon there will be a new graphics package aswell to fit the redesign of the NBC Sports to that black scheme they started with Sunday Night Football.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005

Actually, 60% of the country will be seeing Pittsburgh-Philly. They want most of the US to see Crosby, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got that one.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if LA-STL wasn't aired anywhere outside SoCal and Missouri.

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Actually, 60% of the country will be seeing Pittsburgh-Philly. They want most of the US to see Crosby, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got that one.

In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if LA-STL wasn't aired anywhere outside SoCal and Missouri.

Thank god.

And I wish CI was my friend, but right now, it's not.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca

Yea!!!!! LA - STL in HD!!!! Shoot me now. :pullhair:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad