NHL Testing Center Ice Broadband

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Where do you get 119 from? where does it say that
If you go to that link that someone posted, it says it on there.

I agree, that's a ridiculous price when the season is more than three quarters of the way over. Hopefully that's not what they actually plan on charging...

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
If you go to that link that someone posted, it says it on there.

I agree, that's a ridiculous price when the season is more than three quarters of the way over. Hopefully that's not what they actually plan on charging...

I don;t mind the price for the full season but just for 1 month since that's all that is left in the season no way. What they should do is where you can buy it for next season and get the rest of this season for free. Then again I see no mention of this anywhere on NHL.com and the FAQ isn't working so I'm guessing they actually are still in the testing phase and aren't quite ready to roll it out yet and someone just happened to stumble upon it.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
I can't believe they are charging that much for the beta. I have no problem paying that amount for a full season, but for a month? No way. The end of this season and playoffs should be free while they perfect the service, and as a way to attract people to their product. Then charge for next season. I will be playing then, but definitely not now.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
e.For example, if the New York Rangers are playing the Calgary Flames, the local telecast territories of the Rangers and Flames will be blacked out on NHL Center Ice Online, regardless of whether the teams are televised locally.Similarly, if a game between the Rangers and Flames is being telecast nationally in your country or programming area, you will be blacked out on NHL Center Ice Online for this game, regardless of whether you are able to receive the national telecast.
What the heck? So even if it isn't being broadcast on TV in your region it will still be blacked out?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
What the heck? So even if it isn't being broadcast on TV in your region it will still be blacked out?

Here's a scenario I don't know if they covered or not.

What if you live in LA and you have taken your laptop on the road to say Iowa and are watching a Ducks or Kings game online. Will Blackout rules still apply or will they judge blackout rules by IP address?

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
Here's a scenario I don't know if they covered or not.

What if you live in LA and you have taken your laptop on the road to say Iowa and are watching a Ducks or Kings game online. Will Blackout rules still apply or will they judge blackout rules by IP address?

Since it says that u have to register from your home computer, blackouts will apply...

you have to register from a IP out of the blackout range, and I'm not so sure it wont check your IP when you login at home...or vice-versa

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Since it says that u have to register from your home computer, blackouts will apply...

you have to register from a IP out of the blackout range, and I'm not so sure it wont check your IP when you login at home...or vice-versa

It will check your IP.

MLB.TV checks your IP and blacks out correctly depending on where you are. So let's say you live in AZ, but bring computer to Vancouver, you would be blacked out of Canucks games while in BC.

nameht

Dec 3, 2005
a couple things from their TOS

f.IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY BLACKOUT RESTRICTION OR OTHER USE RESTRICTION: YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND A CHARGE OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) FOR EARLY TERMINATION WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD; YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION; AND NHL ICE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPORT SUCH MISCONDUCT TO APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.

g.NHL Center Ice and NHL Center Ice Online do not include access to the final two rounds of the NHL playoffs (including the Stanley Cup Finals). For more information about Center Ice Online, please go to http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice_online.html

kinda stupid that it doesent include rounds 3 and 4 of the playoffs

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
kinda stupid that it doesent include rounds 3 and 4 of the playoffs

That's because there are no local broadcasts for rounds 3 and 4 they are all on national TV whether it be on NBC, Versus, CBC, or TSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->