NHL Streaming?

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Anyone knows if I can watch some games via the internet? It is all full of Football and Basketball but I am not bale to find any streams for the NHL.

Oh, this might probably be the wrong forum but I dodn`t know where to ask that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Give this a shot. I saw a little bit last season and was really impressed with the quality.

http://www.comcast.net/sports/nhl/hockeylive/

:yo:

It only works for people in the US with a comcast provider, right?

They can't stream games, when people all over the world pay money to get sports channels with the NHL, I pay 40 USD a month to get the NHL. If the NHL streamed games they would break there contract with allot of cable networks.

SpokaneShark

Jul 11, 2006
At Work
I have never been a comcast subsriber and I was able to watch entire games. It was not a preview last year, but I am not sure about this year.

sensfaninsarasota

Oct 7, 2006
It's funny when you think about it -- MLB streams all of their games, the NFL and the NBA in Europe and Asia and the NHL is nowhere to be found -- let's hope they get this straight, could really help fans in places like -- Florida

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
You're in Florida, not Outer Mongolia. Get Center Ice.
I'm in South Korea, not far from Mongolia.

There are TONS of Canadians (and some hockey-lovin' Americans) overseas who make pretty good coin and would gladly part with a a few hundred dollars to watch the game they love. I know of several including myself. There is NO service whatsoever provided. The NHL should have a system that preserves broadcasting rights IN North America but also provides access to those around the world.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I'm in South Korea, not far from Mongolia.

There are TONS of Canadians (and some hockey-lovin' Americans) overseas who make pretty good coin and would gladly part with a a few hundred dollars to watch the game they love. I know of several including myself. There is NO service whatsoever provided. The NHL should have a system that preserves broadcasting rights IN North America but also provides access to those around the world.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have streaming, I was taking a dig at the guy who's in Sarasota, Florida complaining that he can't watch hockey when all it would take is a call to the cable company.

The NHL is missing out right now. They could make some nice cash from all the North American ex-pats, Europeans who want to see more of the NHL and college students who can't order Center Ice in dorms.

As for the yahoo games, I don't think they work outside of the US, though I'm sure some of you have ways around that. ;)

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yahoo shows games throughout the year, in pretty good quality at that. They showed the Carolina\NJ game the other night.

Does yahoo specifically show OLN games, or just random ones? And is there a way to tell on gameday if a particular game will be streamed? I remember in the playoffs last year they had a little camera on the preview page but I don't know how long before the games they put it up.

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Does yahoo specifically show OLN games, or just random ones? And is there a way to tell on gameday if a particular game will be streamed? I remember in the playoffs last year they had a little camera on the preview page but I don't know how long before the games they put it up.

I think Yahoo shows Versus games, but it's not necessarily Versus coverage. For the two games I've seen this year, it's been FSN on Yahoo.

On gameday, there is no way to find out what particular game is on. That same little camera on the preview page is still there.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I'm not saying they shouldn't have streaming, I was taking a dig at the guy who's in Sarasota, Florida complaining that he can't watch hockey when all it would take is a call to the cable company.

I agree, if you have the chance to pursue the CI-package, do it and don´t complain...

I am from Germany and I would LOVE to get CI and even so I don´t have a lot of money right now (I am currently a student) I would be willing to spend up to 300 $ per year for a CI-package... But I quess even at that hefty price (compared to NA) it still would not be profitable as there don´t seem to be a lot of NHL-fans in Germany?!

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
on tvu it should be the one called NHL - center ice, belive it was that one yesterday though i switched to Sopcast instead of tvu, but right now they are sending a movie : "the island" too bad i already seen it , a good one though. they are probably only sending matches just when the matches is on.

k i think i got it now

just like the SopCast is controlled by people in this forum:
http://myp2p.eu/forum/index.php
and theire scedule is found here (some scedules is vote on):
http://www.myp2p.eu/NHL.htm

It seems the NHL channel at the TVU is controlled by the people in this forum :
http://forum.viidoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2417

2 games seems sceduled already tonight on Sopcast though some is beeing voted on while
2 other? games will most likely be sendt tonight on TVU

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->